William Davis (judge)
Lord Justice Davis
|Lord Justice of Appeal|
|Assumed office |
1 October 2021
|High Court Judge|
Queen's Bench Division
1 May 2014 – 30 September 2021
|Born||20 June 1954|
|Alma mater||Queen Mary University of London|
Sir William Easthope Davis (born 20 June 1954), styled The Rt Hon. Lord Justice Davis, is a judge of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales.
He was educated at Wyggeston Boys' School, Leicester and Queen Mary University of London.
He was called to the bar at Inner Temple in 1975. He was made a judge of the High Court of Justice (Queen's Bench Division) on 1 May 2014 and promoted to the Court of Appeal on 1 October 2021.
He was awarded an honorary degree - the LLD - from Aston University in 2014, for services to the legal professional and legal education.
He was appointed to the Privy Council on 15 December 2021.
Discover more about William Davis (judge) related topics
Source: "William Davis (judge)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, September 8th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Davis_(judge).
Get our FREE extension now!
Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales
Court of Session
Judiciary of England and Wales
High Court judge (England and Wales)
President of the King's Bench Division
Judiciary of Scotland
David Lloyd Jones, Lord Lloyd-Jones
Judiciary of Solomon Islands
Richard Snowden (judge)
- ^ "Senior judiciary". Courts and Tribunals Judiciary. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- ^ ‘DAVIS, William Easthope’, Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014
- ^ https://privycouncil.independent.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/2021-12-15-List-of-Business.pdf
- 1954 births
- AC with 0 elements
- All articles with bare URLs for citations
- All stub articles
- Alumni of Queen Mary University of London
- Articles with PDF format bare URLs for citations
- Articles with bare URLs for citations from March 2022
- British law biography stubs
- Knights Bachelor
- Living people
- Members of the Inner Temple
- People educated at Wyggeston Grammar School for Boys
- Queen's Bench Division judges
- Use dmy dates from August 2019
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.