|Broadcast area||Millinocket, Maine|
First air date
Former call signs
|Power||1,000 watts unlimited|
|45°40′24″N 68°43′7″W / 45.67333°N 68.71861°W|
|Translator(s)||102.5 W273DJ (Millinocket)|
WSYY (1240 AM) is a talk-formatted radio station licensed to Millinocket, Maine, United States. The station serves the Northern and Downeast Maine area. The station is currently owned by Katahdin Broadcasting, Inc. The station currently features programming from CBS News Radio and carries its newscasts at the top of every hour (and has been an affiliate of that network for many decades), as well as having covered University of Maine Black Bears sports in the past. The station had also carried local high school sports for many years, but had more recently discontinued those offerings.
WSYY had been silent for much of the late-2010s through early-2021, serving as a part-time simulcast of co-owned WSYY-FM a couple times a year (in order to retain its license), and had also meanwhile hinted (from mid-2017 through early-2021) on simulcasting over a new FM translator (at 102.5 MHz) in the future. On April 2, 2021, 1240 WSYY returned to the air and translator, 102.5 W273DJ debuted with the opening game of the Boston Red Sox. WSYY-FM had previously carried Red Sox games from 1997 through 2015, when Millinocket's affiliation with the Boston Red Sox Radio Network would ultimately be transferred over to WSYY. Complications in the licensing process would cause 102.5 W273DJ delays towards being officially licensed for operations by the FCC until April 1, 2022.
Discover more about WSYY (AM) related topics
In addition to the main station, WSYY is relayed by an FM translator.
|City of license||Facility
|Class||Transmitter coordinates||FCC info|
|W273DJ||102.5||Millinocket, Maine||200276||250||0 m (0 ft)||D||45°40′25.83″N 68°43′15.86″W / 45.6738417°N 68.7210722°W||FCC LMS|
Discover more about Translators related topics
Source: "WSYY (AM)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 22nd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WSYY_(AM).
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "WSYY Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- ^ "The CBS News Radio Affiliation Page Of WSYY Radio". Archived from the original on May 28, 2020. Retrieved April 7, 2022.
- ^ "The WSYY-AM 1240 Website/Sports Affiliation Page Of WSYY Radio". Archived from the original on May 29, 2020. Retrieved April 7, 2022.
- ^ "Statistics And Contour Map Regarding WSYY-AM's New Translator: 102.5 W273DJ-FM (FCCdata.org - powered by REC)". FCCdata.org.
- ^ "Red Sox Radio Network". audacy.com/weei/.
- ^ "Application For A License To Cover Regarding WSYY-AM's New Translator: 102.5 W273DJ-FM (FCCdata.org - powered by REC)". FCCdata.org.
- ^ "The WSYY-AM 1240 Website/Sports Affiliation Page Of WSYY Radio". Archived from the original on May 29, 2020. Retrieved April 6, 2022.
- ^ WSYY-FM Discontinues Carrying Boston Red Sox Baseball
- ^ "License To Cover for FM Translator Application". fcc.gov.
- ^ "NALF Issued to Katahdin Communications, Inc". fcc.gov.
- ^ "Licensing and Management System". fcc.gov.
- ^ "102.5 W273DJ Facility Info Listing (FCCdata.org - powered by REC)". FCCdata.org.
- 1963 establishments in Maine
- All stub articles
- Articles using infobox radio station
- Articles with short description
- Maine radio station stubs
- Mass media in Penobscot County, Maine
- Millinocket, Maine
- Radio stations established in 1963
- Radio stations in Maine
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.