|Broadcast area||Aroostook County, Maine|
|Branding||Houlton 100.1 FM|
|Affiliations||ABC Radio, Red Sox Radio Network|
|Owner||Northern Maine Media, Inc.|
First air date
Call sign meaning
|46°8′35″N 68°6′50″W / 46.14306°N 68.11389°W|
WHOU-FM (100.1 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a classic hits format. Licensed to Houlton, Maine, United States, the station serves the Southern Aroostook County area, as well as Northern Penobscot and Northern Washington Counties, along with Western New Brunswick, Canada. The station is currently owned by Northern Maine Media and features programming from ABC Radio. The WHOU calls were also used on former sister station AM 1340.
On May 24, 2018, WHOU-FM changed their format from adult contemporary to classic hits.
Discover more about WHOU-FM related topics
A majority of WHOU's programming features new music from the Top 100 charts, along with a local morning show, afternoon request show, Boston Red Sox baseball, and local high school basketball.
Source: "WHOU-FM", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2021, October 27th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHOU-FM.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "WHOU-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- ^ WHOU to Flip to Classic Hits Radioinsight - May 23, 2018
- WHOU in the FCC FM station database
- WHOU on Radio-Locator
- WHOU in Nielsen Audio's FM station database
- 1976 establishments in Maine
- All stub articles
- Articles using infobox radio station
- Articles with short description
- Classic hits radio stations in the United States
- Houlton, Maine
- Maine radio station stubs
- Mass media in Aroostook County, Maine
- Radio stations established in 1956
- Radio stations in Maine
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.