This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2021)
Voltage Pictures is an American film production and distribution company founded by Nicolas Chartier in 2005. It has assembled over 180 motion pictures, earning the company a total of two Golden Globe Awards and nine Academy Awards.
Discover more about Voltage Pictures related topics
Recently released by Voltage is The Marksman starring Liam Neeson which opened on January 12, 2021 via Open Road; the second installment of the After franchise, After We Collided, starring Josephine Langford and Hero Fiennes-Tiffin.
Additional releases include I Feel Pretty starring Amy Schumer and Michelle Williams, which grossed nearly $100 million worldwide upon its release in 2018, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile starring Zac Efron and Lily Collins, which premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film festival and subsequently sold to Netflix, and Ava, directed by Tate Taylor and starring Jessica Chastain, Colin Farrell, John Malkovich, Common, Geena Davis, and Joan Chen.
The current Voltage sales slate includes upcoming the thriller Fear of Rain starring Harry Connick Jr. and Katherine Heigl, which is due to release February 12, 2021 via Lionsgate, and Body Brokers, which is due to release February 12, 2021 via Vertical Entertainment. Soon to be released titles include the gangster crime biopic Lanksy starring Harvey Keitel, Sam Worthington and Annasophia Robb, the political biopic Reagan, starring Dennis Quaid, Penelope Ann Miller with Academy Award winner Jon Voight, the horror-thriller The Seventh Day starring Guy Pearce, and war-thriller Condor's Nest starring Arnold Vosloo.
Discover more about Sales titles related topics
Voltage Pictures has produced two seasons of “True Justice” starring Steven Seagal which aired on 5USA, the upcoming 12 episode series “Age of The Living Dead / Age of the Undead” and most recently serving as executive producers on “Six” which is currently airing on The History Channel.
The Hurt Locker, starring Jeremy Renner took home six Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay in 2009. Dallas Buyers Club, directed by Jean-Marc Vallée and starring Matthew McConaughey, Jared Leto and Jennifer Garner. The film received three Academy Awards, including Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor, and two Golden Globes, again in the two acting categories.
In 2014, Voltage Pictures filed a slew of "John Doe" lawsuits against individuals they accused of torrenting the film Dallas Buyers Club, which Voltage had produced.
In 2018, it was discovered that Voltage was attempting to sue 55,000 Canadians for sharing their films online. Policy experts have called this move a case of Copyright trolling.
- 2008 - The Hurt Locker
- 2009 - A Dangerous Man
- 2010 - The Traveler
- 2010 - The Whistleblower
- 2010 - Born to Raise Hell
- 2010 - Game of Death
- 2011 - Killer Joe
- 2011 - Faces in the Crowd
- 2012 - Rites of Passage
- 2012 - The Magic of Belle Isle
- 2012 - Generation Um...
- 2012 - The Company You Keep
- 2012 - Border Run
- 2012 - Maximum Conviction
- 2012 - Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden
- 2013 - Don Jon
- 2013 - Empire State
- 2013 - Absolute Deception
- 2013 - The Zero Theorem
- 2013 - Dallas Buyers Club
- 2013 - Ambushed
- 2013 - Force of Execution
- 2014 - Reasonable Doubt
- 2014 - Puncture Wounds
- 2014 - A Good Man
- 2014 - Burying the Ex
- 2014 - Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
- 2014 - Good Kill
- 2014 - The Cobbler
- 2014 - American Heist
- 2014 - Playing It Cool
- 2015 - Knock Knock'
- 2015 - Fathers and Daughters
- 2015 - Navy Seals vs. Zombies
- 2015 - Pay the Ghost
- 2015 - Walt Before Mickey
- 2016 - Good Kids
- 2016 - Colossal
- 2016 - A Family Man
- 2016 - I.T.
- 2017 - All Eyez on Me
- 2017 - Wind River
- 2017 - Keep Watching
- 2017 - Once Upon a Time in Venice
- 2017 - Revolt
- 2017 - Singularity
- 2017 - LBJ
- 2017 - Alien Invasion: S.U.M.1
- 2018 - I Feel Pretty
- 2018 - Between Worlds
- 2018 - Then Came You
- 2019 - Daniel Isn't Real
- 2019 - Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile
- 2019 - After
- 2019 - The Professor and the Madman
- 2019 - VFW
- 2020 - The 2nd
- 2020 - After We Collided
- 2020 - Ava
- 2020 - Archenemy
- 2020 - The Call
- 2021 - The Marksman
- 2021 - The Seventh Day
- 2021 - After We Fell
- 2021 - Lansky
- 2021 - Deadly Illusions
- 2021 - Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman
- 2021 - Crime Story
- 2022 - After Ever Happy
- 2023 - Beautiful Disaster
- TBA - After Everything
- TBA - Condor's Nest
Discover more about Films related topics
Source: "Voltage Pictures", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 26th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_Pictures.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Dallas Buyers Club LLC". Archived from the original on November 19, 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- ^ Knopf, Howard (19 October 2018). "Voltage Pictures and the Massive Mass Litigation Mess in Canada". Excess Copyright. Retrieved 21 January 2020.
- ^ Jackson, Emily (26 May 2017). "Copyright ruling called 'bad news for consumers, bad news for Canada'". Financial Post. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- 2005 establishments in California
- All articles needing additional references
- American film studios
- Articles needing additional references from June 2021
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Companies based in Los Angeles
- Companies based in Los Angeles County, California
- Entertainment companies based in California
- Entertainment companies established in 2005
- Film distributors of the United States
- Film production companies of the United States
- Mass media companies established in 2005
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.