|Born||1967/1968 (age 54–55)|
New Delhi, India
The Times Group
|Parent(s)||Indu Jain |
Ashok Kumar Jain
Sahu Ramesh Chandra Jain
Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain
Vineet has largely worked in the entertainment and ancillary media business, while his elder brother Samir has mainly built the cash-cow of the Times Group, B.C.C.L.
In 2018, Vineet Jain, and Sanjeev Shah, executive president of B.C.C.L., were caught on camera as part of an undercover sting operation by Cobrapost agreeing to promote Hindutva content through the group's many media properties for a proposed spend of ₹500 crore, some of which the client said could only be paid with black money. B.C.C.L. has responded to the sting claiming that the video that was released by Cobrapost was incomplete and doctored and that Vineet Jain was engaged in a counter-sting of his own to expose the undercover reporter during the filming of the video.
Family and personal life
Vineet Jain is the great grandson of Ramkrishna Dalmia, the first Indian owner of B.C.C.L. His grandfather, Shanti Prasad Jain, took over the company from Ramkrishna Dalmia. Shanti Prasad's son, Ashok Jain, took control of the company in the nineteen-sixties and was chairman of B.C.C.L. until his death in 1998 from heart failure.
- In 2009, Jain received the Rajiv Gandhi Award.
- He was conferred Impact Person of the Year Award in 2013.
- In the same year, Vineet received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award from The Bombay Management Association.
- He also won Media Person of the Year award from International Advertising Association in 2015
- In 2018, he received Art Karat Award.
- In the same year, he won the ITA Sterling Icon of Indian Entertainment Award in Media category. 
- "India's 50 powerful people". India Today. 14 April 2017.
- "Company Overview of Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd".
- "Citizens Jain". New Yorker.
- "At the Times Group, Cobrapost Sting Shows How Cash is King". The Wire. Retrieved 25 October 2020.
- "Times Group Says Vineet Jain Was Conducting 'Reverse Sting' on Cobrapost". The Wire. Retrieved 25 October 2020.
- "Probe ordered into copter crash". The Hindu. 10 May 2001. Archived from the original on 28 November 2002.
- "Vineet Jain wins Rajiv Gandhi Award". 20 August 2009. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Vineet Jain wins Impact Person of the Year Award". The Times of India. 7 December 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Times Group MD Vineet Jain is Entrepreneur of the Year – The Times of India". The Times of India. 11 March 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Vineet Jain, Aroon Purie, Uday Shankar and CVL Srinivas bag top honours at 3rd IAA Leadership Awards – Exchange 4 Media". Exchange 4 media. 20 April 2015. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "IAA Leadership Awards 2015". Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Art Karat celebrates its 30th anniversary". Millennium Post. 9 February 2018. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Indian Television Academy Awards Winners 2018". Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "World's greatest leaders 2017-18". Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- 20th-century Indian businesspeople
- AC with 0 elements
- Articles with hCards
- Articles with short description
- Businesspeople from Delhi
- EngvarB from August 2014
- Indian billionaires
- Indian mass media owners
- Indian newspaper publishers (people)
- Jain families
- Living people
- Pages using infobox person with multiple parents
- Short description matches Wikidata
- The Times Group people
- Use dmy dates from August 2014
- Year of birth missing (living people)
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.