|Coordinates: 45°27′00″N 17°39′54″E / 45.45°N 17.665°E|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (Central European Time)|
Velika (Hungarian: Velike) is a village and a municipality in the Požega Valley in Slavonia.
It is located on the southern slopes of Papuk Mountain 12 km north of Požega, in the Požega-Slavonia County, with the elevation of 278 m.
Velika is located on the Požega - Slatina county road and Velika - Požega - Pleternica railway.
Discover more about Geography related topics
Chief occupations include farming, viticulture and tourism (recreational centre).
There are a total of 5,607 people in the municipality, in the following settlements:
- Antunovac, population 158
- Biškupci, population 354
- Bratuljevci, population 25
- Doljanci, population 84
- Draga, population 275
- Gornji Vrhovci, population 10
- Kantrovci, population 34
- Klisa, population 0
- Lučinci, population 53
- Markovac, population 1
- Milanovac, population 45
- Milivojevci, population 17
- Nježić, population 1
- Oljasi, population 63
- Ozdakovci, population 5
- Poljanska, population 96
- Potočani, population 182
- Radovanci, population 483
- Smoljanovci, population 3
- Stražeman, population 231
- Toranj, population 173
- Trenkovo, population 799
- Trnovac, population 398
- Velika, population 2,117
94% of the population are Croats. There are only 3 Serbian households and few people of Czech, Hungarian, German and Slovenian descent.
Discover more about Demographics related topics
It was ruled by Ottoman Empire between 1532 and 1687 and again between 1690 and 1691 as part of Sanjak of Pojega before Austrian conquest.fy
Source: "Velika, Croatia", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 30th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velika,_Croatia.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Velika". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- All stub articles
- Articles containing Hungarian-language text
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WorldCat-VIAF identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Municipalities of Croatia
- Populated places in Požega-Slavonia County
- Požega-Slavonia County geography stubs
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Ski areas and resorts in Croatia
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.