|Elevation||390 m (1,280 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
Utmanzai is the birthplace of famous Pakhtun leader and Frontier Gandhi, Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan (famously known as Bacha Khan). Among other notable political figures, educationalists and thinkers who belong to the village are Khan Abdul Ghani Khan, Khan Abdul Wali Khan, Khan Abdul Ali Khan, Khan Abdul Jabbar Khan (known as Doctor Khan Saib), Major General Akbar Khan, Nisar Muhammad Khan and Lieutenant General Imran Ullah Khan.
Utmanzai, is the centre of regional and national politics because it is the birthplace of Khudai Khidmatgar Tehreek, a movement which played a crucial role in the struggle against British Raj.
The main ethnic group in Utmanzai is Muhammadzai; however, there are further 4–5 ethnic subgroups, including Shamozai, Parich, Khel, Khwazi Khel, Peeran, Katikan, Julagan and several others that are few in number.
Discover more about Overview related topics
The population of Utmanzai, according to the 1998 census, is 19,530. The population of Utmanzai according to the official census over the years is shown in the table below.
- Newspaper, the (2013-07-29). "Restoration of Utmanzai municipal body sought". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "On the road to Charsadda | TNS - The News on Sunday". tns.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "The forgotten philosophy of Bacha Khan - Daily Times". Daily Times. 2016-09-27. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Bacha Khan remembered: Khudai Khidmatgar leader enshrined in his spirit rebellion - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2016-01-19. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- Mehdi, Tahir (2012-08-14). "The Two-Muslim theory". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "'Bacha Khan's ancestral home be declared heritage site' - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2016-09-02. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "AREA & POPULATION OF ADMINISTRATIVE UNITS BY RURAL/URBAN: 1951-1998 CENSUSES (PDF)" (PDF). www.pbs.gov.pk. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.