UTRGV Baseball Stadium
|Former names||Edinburg Stadium|
|Location||920 North Sugar Road|
|Coordinates||26°18′44″N 98°10′33″W / 26.31222°N 98.17583°W|
|Owner||University of Texas Rio Grande Valley|
|Operator||University of Texas Rio Grande Valley|
|Executive suites||10 (20 seats each)|
|Capacity||4,000 Record Capacity: 6,418 UTRGV vs. Texas on April 26, 2022|
|Field size||Left field – 335 ft|
Center field – 410 ft
Right field – 335 ft
|Construction cost||$5.3 million|
|Architect||Cotera, Kolar, Negrete & Reed|
|Edinburg Roadrunners (2001–2013)|
Texas–Pan American Broncs/UTRGV Vaqueros (NCAA) (2001–Present)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)
UTRGV Baseball Stadium, originally Edinburg Stadium, is a stadium in Edinburg, Texas. It is primarily used for baseball and is the home of the UTRGV Vaqueros of college baseball. It was also the home to the Edinburg Roadrunners of the Texas–Louisiana League/Central Baseball League/United League Baseball. The Roadrunners disbanded before the 2014 season. The stadium, which opened in 2001, holds 4,000 people, expandable to 14,000-16,000 for concerts and other special events. It includes a 17.8' x 13.6' diamondvision scoreboard and luxury boxes.
In 2015, the stadium received major upgrades due to the school officially becoming the owner. New rails and padding for the dugouts were added. The "double wall" fence was cut down to make the park more hitter-friendly. Currently, the stadium is getting repainted, locker rooms receiving new graphics and carpet, and a brand-new scoreboard donated by Coca-Cola will be placed just before the home opener.
The stadium, formerly owned by the City of Edinburg in years prior to 2014, was donated to the University of Texas System. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley operates the stadium. It was renamed in 2016.
Discover more about UTRGV Baseball Stadium related topics
Source: "UTRGV Baseball Stadium", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 8th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTRGV_Baseball_Stadium.
Get our FREE extension now!
University of Texas–Pan American
United League Baseball
American South Conference
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
2015–16 Texas–Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros men's basketball team
Texas–Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros men's basketball statistical leaders
- ^ "Edinburg Baseball Stadium". Emporis GmbH. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- ^ "Edinburg Baseball Stadium". University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
Capacity: 4,000 (expandable to 16,000 for concerts and other special events)
- ^ "Flown the coop: Harlingen's WhiteWings cease operations". Valley Star. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
The Cats' fate was nearly identical to that of the Edinburg Roadrunners, who also lost their lease and were forced to cease operations after the 2013 season.
- ^ "UTRGV Club - UTPA Takes Ownership of Edinburg Baseball Stadium". Utrgvnation.com. 2014-10-08. Retrieved 2016-09-10.
- ^ "UTPA Takes Ownership of Edinburg Baseball Stadium". Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- ^ "The Official Athletics Website of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley - UTRGV Baseball Stadium". Goutrgv.com. Retrieved 2016-09-10.
|Events and tenants|
| Host of the ULB All-Star Game
Coordinates: 26°18′44″N 98°10′33″W / 26.31222°N 98.17583°W
- All articles needing additional references
- All articles with unsourced statements
- All articles with vague or ambiguous time
- Articles needing additional references from September 2014
- Articles with unsourced statements from January 2016
- Baseball venues in Texas
- Buildings and structures in Edinburg, Texas
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata
- Minor league baseball venues
- Pages using the Kartographer extension
- Sports venues completed in 2001
- Texas–Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros baseball
- Vague or ambiguous time from January 2016
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.