Truly Indie is an "innovative distribution program" providing independent filmmakers the sales and marketing tools necessary to distribute their films by-passing traditional distribution companies. By providing a way for self-funded distribution, Truly Indie aims to enable filmmakers to "retain control" over all rights and decisions relating to their films. The program was launched by Mark Cuban and Todd Wagner's media company 2929 Entertainment in 2005 in Austin, Texas.
Discover more about Truly Indie related topics
Truly Indie enables theatrical distribution funded by filmmakers themselves, mainly through 2929 Entertainment's Landmark Theaters. The filmmaker pays an up front fee that covers all distribution costs (marketing, advertising, and publicity). Securing a one-week run in at least five markets, the filmmaker keeps all of box office receipts and retains all rights to their film.
Filmography - Distributor
|Fighting for Life||March 2008|
|Johnny Got his Gun||September 26, 2008|
|Allah Made Me Funny: Live in Concert||October 1, 2008|
|Valentino: The Last Emperor||May 8, 2009|
|The Cartel||October 9, 2009|
|Lbs.||March 26, 2010|
|Dumbstruck||March 26, 2011|
|Lebanon, PA||April 29, 2011|
|Incendiary: The Willingham Case||October 7, 2011|
- The Prisoner or: How I Planned to Kill Tony Blair (2007)
- Maxed Out: Hard Times, Easy Credit and the Era of Predatory Lenders (2006) (dist. 2007)
- 51 Birch Street (2005)
- Beowulf & Grendel (2005)
- Fall to Grace (2005)
- Cavite (2005)
- Automne (2004)
- The Dogwalker (2002)
- Tibet: A Buddhist Trilogy (1979)
Discover more about Filmography - Distributor related topics
Source: "Truly Indie", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 10th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truly_Indie.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Cuban & Wagner Unveil Truly Indie, New Initiative Featuring Filmmaker Funded Theatrical Releases Archived 2007-03-01 at the Wayback Machine Interview 2005-10-17
- ^ Doug Block, 51 Birch Street, Truly Indie: The Interview Archived 2016-06-11 at the Wayback Machine 2006-11-12
- Truly Indie official site
- The launch of Truly Indie Press release
- Box Office Performance for Truly Indie at The Numbers
- 2005 establishments in Texas
- All articles with dead external links
- All stub articles
- American film company stubs
- Articles with dead external links from May 2017
- Articles with permanently dead external links
- Companies established in 2005
- Entertainment companies of the United States
- Film distributors of the United States
- Webarchive template wayback links
- Wikipedia articles containing buzzwords from October 2022
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.