|Also known as||The Birk|
|Written by||James L. Brooks|
|Directed by||Robert Moore|
|Music by||Billy Goldenberg|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Producers||James L. Brooks|
Lew Gallo (associate producer)
|Running time||100 minutes|
|Production company||ABC Circle Films|
|Original release||April 14, 1974|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019)
Thursday's Game (also known as The Berk) is a 1974 American made-for-television comedy film starring Gene Wilder and Bob Newhart, written by James L. Brooks and directed by Robert Moore. Though filmed in 1971, it was originally broadcast April 14, 1974, on ABC.
In addition to Wilder and Newhart, Thursday's Game starred many actors familiar to 1970s television viewers including John Archer, Ellen Burstyn, Norman Fell, Cloris Leachman, Valerie Harper, Rob Reiner, Richard Schaal, Martha Scott and Nancy Walker. The film was lauded by critics for its perceptive look at adult relationships, and furthered James L. Brooks's reputation as a writer and producer.
Discover more about Thursday's Game related topics
Harry Evers and Marvin Ellison are long time friends who meet each Thursday to play poker and get away from their wives. After the weekly game breaks up over a disagreement, the two men decide to continue meeting for other activities, which leads to friendship and rivalry as the men's lives take on very different paths.
- Gene Wilder as Harry Evers
- Bob Newhart as Marvin Ellison
- Ellen Burstyn as Lynn Evers
- Cloris Leachman as Lois Ellison
- Martha Scott as Mrs. Reynolds
- Nancy Walker as Mrs. Bender
- Valerie Harper as Ann Menzente
- Rob Reiner as Joel Forester
- Norman Fell as Melvin Leonard
- Ric Mancini as Bartender
Discover more about Cast related topics
Source: "Thursday's Game", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, October 5th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thursday's_Game.
Get our FREE extension now!
- 1970s American films
- 1970s English-language films
- 1970s buddy comedy films
- 1974 films
- 1974 television films
- ABC Motion Pictures films
- ABC Movie of the Week
- All articles needing additional references
- American buddy comedy films
- Articles needing additional references from May 2019
- Articles with short description
- Films directed by Robert Moore
- Films produced by James L. Brooks
- Films scored by Billy Goldenberg
- Films set in New York City
- Films with screenplays by James L. Brooks
- IMDb ID same as Wikidata
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.