|Based on||Theater Camp|
by Noah Galvin
|Edited by||Jon Philpot|
|Music by||James McAlister|
|Distributed by||Searchlight Pictures|
Theater Camp is a 2023 American comedy film directed by Molly Gordon and Nick Lieberman in their directorial debuts, from a screenplay by Gordon, Lieberman, Ben Platt, and Noah Galvin. A feature-length adaptation of the 2020 short film of the same name, it features an ensemble cast, led by Gordon, Platt, Galvin, Jimmy Tatro, Patti Harrison, Ayo Edebiri, Amy Sedaris, Caroline Aaron, Nathan Lee Graham, Owen Thiele, Alan Kim, Kyndra Sanchez, Alexander Bello, Luke Islam, and Bailee Bonick. Will Ferrell serves as a producer under his Gloria Sanchez Productions banner.
- Molly Gordon as Rebecca-Diane
- Ben Platt as Amos
- Noah Galvin as Glenn
- Jimmy Tatro as Troy
- Patti Harrison as Caroline
- Ayo Edebiri as Janet
- Amy Sedaris as Joan
- Caroline Aaron as Rita
- Nathan Lee Graham as Clive
- Owen Thiele as Gigi
- Alan Kim as Alan
- Kyndra Sanchez as Darla
- Alexander Bello as Sebastian
- Luke Islam as Christopher L
- Bailee Bonick as Mackenzie
- Donovan Colan as Devon
- Vivienne Sachs as Lainy
- Jack Sobolewski as Christopher S
- Madisen Lora as Franny
- Quinn Titcomb as Alice
Discover more about Cast related topics
In June 2022, it was announced Molly Gordon and Nick Lieberman would direct the film, from a screenplay they wrote alongside Ben Platt and Noah Galvin. Gordon, Platt, Galvin, Jimmy Tatro, Patti Harrison, Ayo Edebiri, Amy Sedaris, Caroline Aaron, Nathan Lee Graham, Owen Thiele, Alan Kim, Luke Islam, Jack Sobolewski, Kyndra Sanchez, Quinn Titcomb, Madisen Lora, Bailee Bonick, Donovan Colan, Vivienne Sachs, and Alexander Bello were set to star, and Will Ferrell would serve as a producer under his Gloria Sanchez Productions banner.
Discover more about Production related topics
The film had a world premiere at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival on January 21, 2023, where it received two standing ovations from the audience, one following the film itself and after a special post-screening musical performance from the younger actors of a medley of songs from the film's finale. Shortly after, Searchlight Pictures acquired distribution rights to the film for $8 million.
- "Theater Camp". Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved January 10, 2023.
- Grobar, Matt (June 9, 2022). "Ben Platt, Molly Gordon, Amy Sedaris & More Set For Musical Comedy 'Theater Camp' From Picturestart, Topic Studios And Gloria Sanchez Productions". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 10, 2023.
- Galuppo, Mia (June 9, 2022). "Ben Platt, Molly Gordon Team for Comedy 'Theater Camp'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 10, 2023.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony; Patten, Dominic (December 7, 2022). "Sundance Film Festival Lineup Set With Ukraine War, Little Richard, Michael J. Fox, Judy Blume Docs; Pics With Anne Hathaway, Emilia Clarke, Jonathan Majors; More". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 9, 2023.
- Gardner, Chris (January 22, 2023). "Sundance: 'Theater Camp' Debuts to Standing Ovation, Receives Second for Cast After Surprise Musical Performance". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (January 23, 2023). "Searchlight Lands 'Theater Camp' In High 7-Figure WW Sundance Deal; Pic Will Get Theatrical Release". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 23, 2023.
- "Theater Camp". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved January 26, 2023.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.