The Very Best of Supertramp 2
|The Very Best of Supertramp 2|
|Greatest hits album by|
|Genre||Progressive rock, pop, art rock|
|Producer||Peter Henderson, Ken Scott, Supertramp, Rick Davies|
The Very Best of Supertramp 2 is a best of album by the English rock band Supertramp originally released by A&M Records in November 1992.
Discover more about The Very Best of Supertramp 2 related topics
This compilation features 13 tracks from their five "prime" albums Crime of the Century, Crisis? What Crisis?, Even in the Quietest Moments..., Breakfast in America and ...Famous Last Words... as well as the title track from their 1987 album Free as a Bird. The cover depicts the starry backdrop and grate from the cover of Crime of the Century, the hand carrying the glass from the cover of Breakfast in America, and the orange umbrella from Crisis? What Crisis?.
Discover more about Overview related topics
All tracks are written by Roger Hodgson and Rick Davies, except where noted.
|1.||"Lady"||Crisis? What Crisis?, (1975)||5:24|
|2.||"Oh Darling"||Breakfast in America, (1979)||4:01|
|3.||"Even in the Quietest Moments"||Even in the Quietest Moments..., (1977)||6:39|
|4.||"Waiting So Long"||...Famous Last Words..., (1982)||6:32|
|5.||"Babaji"||Even in the Quietest Moments...||4:49|
|6.||"Gone Hollywood"||Breakfast in America||5:14|
|7.||"If Everyone Was Listening"||Crime of the Century, (1974)||4:01|
|8.||"Just Another Nervous Wreck"||Breakfast in America||4:22|
|9.||"Don't Leave Me Now"||...Famous Last Words...||6:25|
|10.||"My Kind of Lady"||...Famous Last Words...||5:12|
|11.||"A Soapbox Opera"||Crisis? What Crisis?||4:50|
|12.||"Downstream"||Even in the Quietest Moments...||4:00|
|13.||"Fool's Overture"||Even in the Quietest Moments...||10:51|
|14.||"Free as a Bird" (Davies)||Free as a Bird, (1987)||4:20|
Discover more about Track listing related topics
- Rick Davies – vocals, keyboards, piano, harmonica
- Roger Hodgson – vocals, guitar, keyboards, piano except on "Downstream" and "Free as a Bird"
- Dougie Thomson – bass
- John Anthony Helliwell – saxophones, clarinets, vocals
- Bob C. Benberg – drums, percussion
- Claire Diament – backing vocals on "Don't Leave Me Now"
- Mark Hart – guitar and keyboards on "Free as a Bird"
- Marty Walsh – guitar on "Free as a Bird"
- Linda Foot – backing vocals on "Free as a Bird"
- Lise Miller – backing vocals on "Free as a Bird"
- Evan Rogers – backing vocals on "Free as a Bird"
- Karyn White – backing vocals on "Free as a Bird"
Discover more about Personnel related topics
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Gold||25,000^|
* Sales figures based on certification alone.
Source: "The Very Best of Supertramp 2", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 12th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Very_Best_of_Supertramp_2.
Get our FREE extension now!
Breakfast in America
Crime of the Century (album)
Crisis? What Crisis?
Paris (Supertramp album)
...Famous Last Words...
Is Everybody Listening?
Slow Motion (Supertramp album)
The Autobiography of Supertramp
Dreamer (Supertramp song)
It Was the Best of Times
Live '88 (Supertramp album)
The Very Best of Supertramp
- ^ a b O'Brien, Jon. The Very Best of Supertramp, Vol. 2 at AllMusic. Retrieved 29 January 2021.
- ^ "French album certifications – Supertramp – The Very Best of Supertramp 2" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 14 July 2022.
- ^ "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Supertramp; 'Very Rest Of, Vol.2')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien. Retrieved 14 July 2022.
- 1990s pop rock album stubs
- 1992 greatest hits albums
- A&M Records compilation albums
- Album articles lacking alt text for covers
- Albums produced by Ken Scott
- Albums recorded at A&M Studios
- Albums recorded at Trident Studios
- All stub articles
- Articles with MusicBrainz release group identifiers
- Articles with hAudio microformats
- Articles with short description
- CS1 French-language sources (fr)
- Certification Table Entry usages for France
- Certification Table Entry usages for Switzerland
- Pages using certification Table Entry with sales figures
- Pages using certification Table Entry with sales footnote
- Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures
- Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Supertramp compilation albums
- Use British English from December 2012
- Use dmy dates from May 2021
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.