The Right Excellent
The honorific prefix "The Right Excellent" is a form of address that is used in several Commonwealth Caribbean countries.
In the Bahamas, members of the Order of National Hero are accorded the style "The Right Excellent". Examples are Sir Lynden Oscar Pindling and Sir Roland Theodore Symonette, who were granted the Order posthumously in 2018.
In Barbados, members of the Order of National Heroes are conferred the title of "The Right Excellent". An example is pop singer Rihanna, who is a Barbadian native.
In Grenada, a person upon whom the Prestige Order of National Hero has been confirmed shall be referred to as “Right Excellent”.
In Jamaica, members of the Order of the National Hero are entitled to use the style of "The Right Excellent". An example is Sir Alexander Bustamante, who was the first Prime Minister of Jamaica.
In Saint Kitts and Nevis, the style is used by people who are members of the Order of the National Hero.
Discover more about Overview related topics
Source: "The Right Excellent", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, June 24th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Right_Excellent.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "National Honours Awards 2018". July 10, 2018.
- ^ "Barbados National Heroes | Barbados.org". barbados.org. Retrieved 2021-12-14.
- ^ Coto, Dánica (2021-11-30). "Rihanna's officially 'right excellent,' named Barbados hero". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2021-12-14.
- ^ Chapter 204A National Honours and Awards Act | Government of Grenada
- ^ "National Awards of Jamaica", Jamaica Information Service, accessed May 12, 2015.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.