The Other Russia of E. V. Limonov
The Other Russia of E. V. Limonov
Другая Россия Э. В. Лимонова
|Founded||10 July 2010(as The Other Russia)|
|Preceded by||National Bolshevik Party|
|Newspaper||Total Mobilization Molotov|
|Slogan||"Nation! Homeland! Socialism!"|
(Russian: "Нация! Родина! Социализм!")
(Russian: "Да, Смерть!")
"Russia is everything! The rest is nothing!"
(Russian: "Россия — всё! Остальное — ничто!")
It has been suggested that this article be merged with National Bolshevik Party. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2022.
This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in Russian. (September 2012) Click [show] for important translation instructions.
The Other Russia of E. V. Limonov (Russian: Другая Россия Э. В. Лимонова, romanized: Drugáya Rossíya E. V. Limónova), formerly The Other Russia (Russian: Другая Россия, romanized: Drugáya Rossíya), is an unregistered National Bolshevik political party in Russia, founded on 10 July 2010 by Eduard Limonov. The Other Russia was reorganized in September 2020 and changed its name to "The Other Russia of E. V. Limonov", in honor of their deceased founder who had died the same year.
Discover more about The Other Russia of E. V. Limonov related topics
The Other Russia was established on 10 July 2010 by former members of the banned National Bolshevik Party during their congress in Moscow. On 21 January 2011, The Other Russia was denied registration by the Federal Registration Service because they did not have enough popular support among the Russian people.
In 2010, three members of the party were arrested and beaten for their role in the Manezhnaya Square riots. These arrests were flagged by human rights organizations as politically motivated by the members' involvement in The Other Russia.
Since 2014, National Bolsheviks members of The Other Russia participated in pro-Russian unrest in Donbas. Members of the party formed armed troops Interbrigades and two members of The Other Russia were killed during the war in Donbas.
On 6 November 2017, several party's activists were arrested in Saint Petersburg for unauthorized protest as they commemorated the Bolshevik Revolution centenary.
On 7 February 2018, Kirill Ananiev, a veteran member of the banned National Bolshevik Party and The Other Russia, was killed in the air strikes during the Battle of Khasham.
On 22 September 2018, the special congress of the Other Russia party was held in Moscow. Eduard Limonov and another leaders gave their speeches. The congress was attended by delegates from regional branches of the party. Beness Aijo participated as representative of the armed forces of Novorossiya.
During the International Security Exhibition in Moscow on 26 October 2018, The Other Russia activist Olga Shalina cut her veins in act of symbolic protest against human rights violations in Russian penitentiary system. Shalina spoke about conditions in Russian prisons and spread leaflets criticizing police, shouting "Freedom for prisoners!"
Eduard Limonov died on 17 March 2020 in Moscow. In September 2020, The Other Russia was re-organized and changed the party's name to "The Other Russia of E. V. Limonov", to honor their deceased founder.
Discover more about History related topics
Discover more about Notable members related topics
Source: "The Other Russia of E. V. Limonov", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 12th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Other_Russia_of_E._V._Limonov.
Get our FREE extension now!
National Bolshevik Party
The Other Russia (coalition)
People's Freedom Party "For Russia without Lawlessness and Corruption"
Murder of Yuriy Chervochkin
Andrei Dmitriev (politician)
Popular Resistance Association
Party of the Dead
- ^ a b "Russian police hold far-left activists in Saint Petersburg". The Sun Daily Mail. 6 November 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- ^ a b "Russie: arrestations lors d'une manifestation de l'extrême gauche" [Russia: arrests during a demonstration by the far left] (in French). Le Point. 6 November 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- ^ a b "Russie: arrestations lors d'une manifestation de l'extrême gauche" [Russia: arrests during a demonstration by the far left] (in French). RTBF. 6 November 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- ^ "Лица партии" [Party faces]. drugoros.ru.
- ^ "Получен на руки отказ в регистрации партии "Другая Россия"" [Received a refusal to register the Other Russia party]. alaverin.livejournal.com.
- ^ "Russie: prison pour des manifestants d'extrême gauche anti-Poutine" (in French). BFM TV. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- ^ Arnold, Richard (24 November 2020). "Russian Extreme Nationalists Rally Across Country in Midst of Pandemic". Eurasia Daily Monitor. 17 (167). Retrieved 27 February 2021.
- ^ "Russian extremists attack Czech embassy in Moscow over Prague's removal of Konev statue". Expacts.cz. 6 April 2020. Retrieved 28 February 2021.
- ^ "Другая Россия – информация, все новости" [Another Russia - information, all news]. Перебежчик. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- ^ ""Получен письменный отказ в регистрации партии "Другая Россия" ["Received a written refusal to register the party" Another Russia]. www.limonov2012.ru.Archived 2 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Manezh Square Riot Suspects Appear in Court". The Moscow Times. 12 August 2011. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- ^ "The List of Persons Recognized as Political Prisoners by Russia's Memorial Human Rights Center". 22 January 2014. Archived from the original on 21 December 2015.
- ^ "Moscow extends arrest of "The Other Russia" activist accused of Manege Square disorders". Caucasian Knot. 25 April 2011. Archived from the original on 20 February 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- ^ ""Нацболы отбили атаку карателей в ЛНР"" [National Bolsheviks repulsed the attack of punishers in the LPR]. www.novorosinform.org. Archived 13 November 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ ""Нацболы отбили атаку карателей в ЛНР"" [National Bolsheviks repulsed the attack of punishers in the LPR]. interbrigada.org. Archived from the original on 12 November 2014.
- ^ "В бою под Луганском погиб Илья Гурьев" [Ilya Guryev died in the battle near Lugansk]. drugoros.ru. Archived from the original on 25 December 2014.
- ^ ""Питерский нацбол погиб под Дебальцево"" [Petersburg national Bolsheviks died near Debaltseve]. spb.mk.ru.
- ^ ""Питерский нацбол погиб под Дебальцево"" [Petersburg national Bolsheviks died near Debaltseve]. antimaydan.info.
- ^ ""Russian police hold far-left activists in Saint Petersburg"". www.thesundaily.my.
- ^ ""Казак Владимир Логинов и член партии "Другая Россия" Кирилл Ананьев погибли в Сирии"" [Cossack Vladimir Loginov and member of the Other Russia party Kirill Ananyev died in Syria]. www.interfax.ru.
- ^ ""Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates"". www.reuters.com. 12 February 2018.
- ^ ""Сторонники Лимонова выходят из подполья: "Другая Россия" зарегистрируется как партия"" ["Limonov's supporters are coming out of the underground: The Other Russia will register as a party"]. tsargrad.tv. 22 September 2018.
- ^ ""Попытка №6: "Другая Россия" Лимонова снова пытается легализоваться"" ["Attempt #6: Limonov's 'Other Russia' is trying to legalize itself again"]. newdaynews.ru. 22 September 2018.
- ^ ""Activist Cuts Her Veins In Protest Against Conditions In Russian Prisons"". www.rferl.org. 25 October 2018.
- ^ ""Activist cuts open veins to protest against Russian prison abuse"". meduza.io.
- ^ ""Нацбол Ольга Шалина вскрыла вены на экспозиции ФСИН"" [National Bolshevik Olga Shalina opened her veins at the exposition of the Federal Penitentiary Service]. www.youtube.com.
- ^ "Russian politician, writer Limonov dies at the age of 77 - Interfax". Reuters. 17 March 2020.
- (in Russian) The Other Russia - official site.
- (in Russian) The Other Russia official blog.
- (in Russian) The Other Russia on Twitter.
- (in English) The Other Russia - book by Eduard Limonov at the Wayback Machine (archived 25 November 2006).
- (in Russian) Total Mobilization. Official organ of The Other Russia.
- (in English) In Ukraine, foreigners fight for socialism and Greater Russia. An interview with national-Bolshevik Beness Aijo, member of The Other Russia.
- 2010 establishments in Russia
- 2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine
- All articles to be merged
- Articles containing Russian-language text
- Articles needing translation from Russian Wikipedia
- Articles to be merged from October 2022
- Articles with Russian-language sources (ru)
- Articles with short description
- CS1 French-language sources (fr)
- Communist parties in Russia
- Eduard Limonov
- Far-left political parties
- Far-left politics in Russia
- Far-right political parties in Russia
- Interlanguage link template existing link
- Left-wing nationalist parties
- National Bolshevik parties
- Nationalist parties in Russia
- Opposition to Vladimir Putin
- Political organizations based in Russia
- Political parties established in 2010
- Right-wing parties in Europe
- Right-wing politics in Asia
- Russian irredentism
- Russian nationalist parties
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Syncretic political movements
- Use dmy dates from August 2022
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.