The Hideaway Entertainment
|Jonathan Gray (CEO)|
Matthew Rhodes (President)
The Hideaway Entertainment is an independent American film and TV production company founded in 2017 by Jonathan Gray and based in Beverly Hills, California. The company's first films produced were Mile 22 (2018), Men in Black: International (2019), Bloodshot (2020), and Cherry (2021).
Discover more about The Hideaway Entertainment related topics
The Hideaway Entertainment was launched in 2017 by the French American entrepreneur Jonathan Gray who hired Matthew Rhodes (former president of Bold Films) as president. The following year, in 2018, the company produced its first film, the action thriller Mile 22, directed by Peter Berg and featuring Mark Wahlberg, John Malkovich and Iko Uwais.
In 2019, Sony Pictures produced Men in Black: International in association with The Hideaway Entertainment. It opened #1 in every country with a worldwide box office of $260 Million. It starred Chris Hemsworth, Liam Neeson, Tessa Thompson, Kumail Nanjiani, Rebecca Ferguson, and Emma Thompson. In 2020, The Hideaway Entertainment produced the film Bloodshot, a sci-fi action film based on the Valiant Entertainment comic book series of the same name starring Vin Diesel as the lead character.
Since 2020, The Hideaway Entertainment expanded from splashy big-budget movies to more intimate film dramas and TV movies and produced the film Cherry, based on the eponymous book, alongside Anthony and Joe Russo, who also directed the film that was released on Apple TV+ in 2021.
Since then, the company has announced several upcoming productions: Freedom Ride (directed by Deon Taylor), the story of a group of young anti-racist activists during the civil rights era in the United States in the 1960s with a script based on the personal stories of early Freedom Riders such as civil rights icon John Lewis; Combat Control (starring Jake Gyllenhaal and directed by Sam Hargrave), the true story of Combat Controller and Medal of Honor recipient John Chapman; Otherwise Illegal Activity (written by Terence Winter), the true story of a convict recruited by anti-terrorist forces to infiltrate a terrorist organization; Sleep Train (written by Andrew Nunnelly), a parenting comedy; Escape (directed by James Watkins), the true story of the escape convicts Robert Greenhill and Alexander Pearce.
Discover more about History related topics
The Hideaway Entertainment was founded by Jonathan Gray in 2017 and is presided by Matthew Rhodes. Kristy Grisham is the SVP of development & production. The company tags itself as a "story-driven first" production vehicle which aims to support the creative community.
|August 17, 2018||Mile 22||Peter Berg||Executive Producer|||
|June 14, 2019||Men in Black: International||F. Gary Gray||Executive Producer|||
|March 13, 2020||Bloodshot||David S. F. Wilson||Executive Producer|||
|February 26, 2021||Cherry||Anthony Russo
|Freedom Ride||Deon Taylor||Producer|||
|Combat Control||Sam Hargrave||Producer|||
|Otherwise Illegal Activity||Producer|||
|For Those I loved||Producer|||
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
Discover more about Filmography related topics
Source: "The Hideaway Entertainment", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, December 18th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hideaway_Entertainment.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b c Etan Vlessing (5 July 2021). "Cannes Creative Space: Jonathan Gray and Matthew Rhodes". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 11 June 2022.
- ^ a b Tom Meisfjord (4 November 2020). "The Mark Wahlberg Action Movie Burning Up The Netflix Charts". Looper.com. Retrieved 11 June 2022.
- ^ a b "Jonathan Gray". IMDB.
- ^ a b "Bloodshot". IMDB. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- ^ a b "Russo Brothers' Crime Drama 'Cherry' Lands at Apple". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- ^ a b "Apple Lands Anthony and Joe Russo's 'Cherry,' Starring Tom Holland and Ciara Bravo". Variety. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- ^ a b "Attorney Benjamin Crump Boards 'Freedom Ride' Civil Rights Film". The Hollywood Reporter. 2020-08-06. Retrieved 2021-04-27.
- ^ Angelique Jackson (2021-02-04). "Deon Taylor to Direct 'Freedom Ride,' Based on Congressman John Lewis' Experiences". Variety. Retrieved 2021-04-27.
- ^ a b Justin Kroll (2021-03-19). "MGM Nearing Deal For Hot Package 'Combat Control' With Jake Gyllenhaal Attached To Play Medal Of Honor Recipient John Chapman; 'Extraction's Sam Hargrave Directing". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-03-25.
- ^ a b Mike Fleming Jr. (19 August 2021). "Terence Winter Set To Script 'Otherwise Illegal Activity,' True Terrorism Thriller Financed by The Hideaway Entertainment". Deadline. Retrieved 2 July 2022.
- ^ a b Matt Grobar (20 December 2021). "The Hideaway Entertainment To Produce Parenting Comedy 'Sleep Train' Written By Andrew Nunnelly". Deadline. Retrieved 2 July 2022.
- ^ a b Matt Grobar (7 February 2022). "The Hideaway Entertainment To Produce Thriller 'Escape' From 'Rings Of Power' Creators J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay; James Watkins To Direct". Deadline.com. Retrieved 19 June 2022.
- ^ Etan Vlessing (9 July 2021). "Robert Schenkkan to Develop 'For Those I Loved' Limited Series for Hideaway Entertainment". Hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 6 September 2022.
- 2017 establishments in California
- AC with 0 elements
- American film studios
- American independent film studios
- Companies based in Los Angeles
- Entertainment companies based in California
- Entertainment companies established in 2017
- Film production companies of the United States
- Privately held companies based in California
- Video production companies
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.