The Bubble Factory
|Founded||Beverly Hills, California (August 1995 )|
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
The Bubble Factory is an independent film production company founded by former MCA Inc. president/COO Sid Sheinberg with his sons, Jon and Bill. The company was formed after MCA was taken over by Seagram in June 1995. The Bubble Factory was financed by Seagram and produced films for release by Universal, with budgets in the $30–50 million range. Sheinberg, however, could take a film to another studio if Universal passed.
In June 1997, The Bubble Factory and Universal ended its partnership, owing to the disappointing box-office of the former's output. The Sheinbergs subsequently relaunched The Bubble Factory as an independent operation.
The name of the company reportedly came from Sid Sheinberg's wife, Lorraine Gary. When a reporter came to interview Sid, Gary responded that her husband was in their backyard with their grandchildren blowing bubbles.
Discover more about The Bubble Factory related topics
- Flipper (1996)
- The Pest (1997)
- That Old Feeling (1997)
- McHale's Navy (1997)
- A Simple Wish (1997)
- For Richer or Poorer (1997)
- Dunce's Diner (1998)
- Slappy and the Stinkers (1998)
- Playing Mona Lisa (2000)
- Death of a Salesman (2001)
- Bad Girls from Valley High (2005)
- Made in Brooklyn (2007)
- The Devil's Tomb (2009)
- Creature (2011)
- What Lola Wants (2015)
- Chapter & Verse (2017)
- Half Magic (2018)
Discover more about Filmography related topics
Source: "The Bubble Factory", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 1st), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bubble_Factory.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b Dutka, Elaine (April 2, 1997). "His New Factory." Los Angeles Times.
- ^ Weinraub, Bernard (1997-06-16). "Bursting the bubble at the Bubble Factory, another tale from Hollywood". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-08-29.
- ^ "Archives". Los Angeles Times.
- 1995 establishments in California
- All Wikipedia articles in need of updating
- All Wikipedia articles needing context
- All pages needing cleanup
- All stub articles
- American film company stubs
- American independent film studios
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with multiple maintenance issues
- Film production companies of the United States
- Wikipedia articles in need of updating from September 2020
- Wikipedia articles needing context from December 2015
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.