|Publisher||The Wrap News Inc.|
|First issue||January 26, 2009|
|Company||The Wrap News Inc.|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017)
TheWrap is an American multiplatform media company covering the business of entertainment and media via digital, print, and live events. It was founded by journalist Sharon Waxman in 2009.
TheWrap has won awards for its journalism, including best website in 2018 for a news organization exclusive to the internet at the Los Angeles Press Club's SoCal Journalism Awards and best entertainment website in 2018 at the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism (NAEJ) awards. In 2016, the L.A. Press Club's NAEJ gave the site its top prizes for feature photography and Sharon Waxman's WaxWord blog, as well as second place for Best Entertainment Website and Entertainment Publication. The site was named the best online news site in both 2012 and 2009 by the same group.
In November 2019, TheWrap was nominated for the 12th annual Los Angeles Press Club's National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards, including best website.
Source: "TheWrap", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 15th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TheWrap.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Vogel, Emily (July 5, 2022). "TheWrap Names LA Times Veteran Oganes Akopyan Vice President of Marketing and Events". Yahoo! News.
- ^ "TheWrap Lands 14 SoCal Journalism Awards Nominations, Including Best Website". Yahoo! News.
- ^ "Winners list" (PDF). Los Angeles Press Club. December 2018. Retrieved March 25, 2020.
- ^ "TheWrap Wins Best Entertainment Website and More First-Place Wins at National Entertainment Journalism Awards 2018". Yahoo! News.
- ^ "KTLA's Sam Rubin Roasted and Honored as Reporters and Bloggers Recognized @ 3rd Annual National Entertainment Journalism Awards". Los Angeles Press Club. April 23, 2010.
- ^ "Finalists list" (PDF). Los Angeles Press Club. November 2019. Retrieved March 25, 2020.
- All articles needing additional references
- All stub articles
- American blogs
- Articles needing additional references from September 2017
- Articles with short description
- Entertainment trade magazines
- Entertainment website stubs
- Magazines established in 2009
- Magazines published in California
- Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia
- Online magazines published in the United States
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Twitter username different from Wikidata
- Use mdy dates from January 2019
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.