|Number of teams||2|
|Related competitions||Primera División|
|Current champions||Sportivo Ameliano (1st title)|
|Most successful club(s)||Olimpia|
(1 title each)
|2022 Supercopa Paraguay|
The Supercopa Paraguay (Paraguay Supercup) is an annual one-match football official competition in Paraguay organised by the Paraguayan Football Association (APF) which is played by the Primera División champions with the best record in the season's aggregate table and the Copa Paraguay champions, starting from 2021. This competition, created in October 2019, serves as the season's closing event and is scheduled to be played in December each year, one week after the end of the league season.
The competition was originally scheduled to be played for the first time in 2020, but its implementation had to be postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the cancellation of that year's Copa Paraguay.
Discover more about Supercopa Paraguay related topics
The Supercopa Paraguay is played between:
- The Copa Paraguay champions
- The best-ranked Primera División champions in the season's aggregate table
In the event the same club wins the Copa Paraguay and also ends the season as the best-ranked league champion, its rival in the Supercopa will be the champion of the remaining league tournament (Apertura or Clausura).
- One 90-minute game at a neutral venue (Estadio Defensores del Chaco)
- If tied, the winner is decided in a penalty shootout
Discover more about Finals related topics
Performance by club
|Club||Winners||Runners-up||Winning years||Runner-up years|
Source: "Supercopa Paraguay", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 17th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercopa_Paraguay.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ ""Creamos la Supercopa Paraguay"" (in Spanish). ABC Color. 22 October 2019. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- ^ "Se viene la Supercopa del fútbol paraguayo" (in Spanish). HOY. 15 January 2021. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- ^ "¿Libertad puede ser "supercampeón" del 2021 sin jugar?" (in Spanish). Versus. 8 November 2021. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- ^ "REGLAMENTO DE COMPETICIÓN SUPERCOPA PARAGUAY" (PDF) (in Spanish). APF. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- ^ "Olimpia es supercampeón" (in Spanish). APF. 12 December 2021. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- ^ "Sportivo Ameliano vence a Olimpia y es el supercampeón paraguayo" [Sportivo Ameliano beats Olimpia and is the Paraguayan super champion] (in Spanish). D10. 25 January 2023. Retrieved 25 January 2023.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.