Strong Openweight Championship
|Strong Openweight Championship|
|Promotion||New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW)|
|Date established||April 2, 2021|
|Date won||February 18, 2023|
The Strong Openweight Championship (STRONG無差別級王座, STRONG musabetsu-kyū ōza) is a professional wrestling championship owned and promoted by the New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW) promotion. The title was officially announced on April 2, 2021. The title is exclusively featured on NJPW's American television program NJPW Strong, which includes American wrestlers. The inaugural champion was Tom Lawlor. The current champion is Kenta, who is in his first reign.
Discover more about Strong Openweight Championship related topics
March 5, 12, 19, 26
|J. R. Kratos||14:16|
As of March 19, 2023, there have been three reigns between three champions. Tom Lawlor was the inaugural champion. Fred Rosser is the oldest champion when he won it at 38 years old while Lawlor is the youngest champion at 37 years old.
Kenta is the current champion in his first reign. He defeated Fred Rosser at Battle in the Valley on February 18, 2023, in San Jose, California.
|No.||Overall reign number|
|Reign||Reign number for the specific champion|
|Days||Number of days held|
|Days recog.||Number of days held recognized by the promotion|
|Defenses||Number of successful defenses|
|+||Current reign is changing daily|
|No.||Champion||Championship change||Reign statistics||Notes||Ref.|
|1||Tom Lawlor||April 23, 2021
|New Japan Cup USA 2021||Port Hueneme, CA||1||N/A||387||9|||
|2||Fred Rosser||May 15, 2022||Strong: Collision in Philadelphia||Philadelphia, PA||1||279||238||7||Aired on June 25, 2022 on tape delay.|||
|3||Kenta||February 18, 2023||Battle in the Valley||San Jose, CA||1||29+||29+||0|||
Discover more about Title history related topics
Source: "Strong Openweight Championship", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 16th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_Openweight_Championship.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b New Japan Pro-Wrestling (April 3, 2021). "Strong Openweight Championship revealed 【NJoA】". njpw1972.com. Retrieved April 3, 2021.
- ^ Solowrestling (2021-04-03). "NJPW anuncia la creación del Campeonato STRONG Openweight". solowrestling.mundodeportivo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- ^ a b "Road to STRONG STYLE EVOLVED". New Japan Pro-Wrestling. March 26, 2021. Retrieved March 30, 2021.
- ^ a b "Road to STRONG STYLE EVOLVED". New Japan Pro-Wrestling. March 6, 2021. Retrieved March 11, 2021.
- ^ a b "Road to STRONG STYLE EVOLVED". New Japan Pro-Wrestling. March 20, 2021. Retrieved March 27, 2021.
- ^ a b "Road to STRONG STYLE EVOLVED". New Japan Pro-Wrestling. March 13, 2021. Retrieved March 13, 2021.
- ^ a b c d Lambert, Jeremy (April 9, 2021). "NJPW Strong Results (4/9): New Japan Cup USA First Round Action". Retrieved April 9, 2021.
- ^ HBN Staff (April 3, 2021). "NJPW Unveils New NJPW STRONG Openweight Championship". heelbynature.com. Retrieved April 3, 2021.
- ^ Defelice, Robert (May 15, 2022). "Spoiler: New NJPW STRONG Openweight Champion Crowned At Collision In Philadelphia On 5/15". Fightful. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- ^ Lambert, Jeremy (February 18, 2023). "NJPW Battle In The Valley Results (2/18): Mercedes Mone vs. KAIRI, Tanahashi vs. Okada, Loser Leaves NJPW". Fightful. Retrieved February 18, 2023.
- Championship history on official website (in Japanese)
- Championship history on official website (in English)
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.