|Type||Daily (except Mondays)|
|Format||Digital and Broadsheet|
|Headquarters||1405 Broadway Scottsbluff, Scotts Bluff County, NE 69361|
The Star-Herald, or the Scottsbluff Star-Herald, is a newspaper serving the city of Scottsbluff and surrounding areas in Nebraska, United States. The paper is published daily, except Mondays.
The Star-Herald had its beginning in two separate newspapers. In 1900, Ernest Moon established the Scottsbluff Herald in Scottsbluff. In 1906 the Mitchell Star was founded by P. J. Barron in nearby Mitchell. In 1907 the Star's publication was moved to Scottsbluff and the paper was renamed the Scottsbluff Star. In 1912, Asa B. Wood, owner of the Gering Courier, and Harry J. Wisner purchased both the Herald and Star and consolidated them into a single newspaper under the title of the Star-Herald.
The paper's main competitor was the Scottsbluff Republican.
The Wood family continued to own a half stake in the newspaper until 1966. In November 1968 the heirs of Harry Wisner sold their stock in the newspaper to the Seacrest Family's Western Publishing Co. The Seacrest family also owned the Lincoln Journal and North Platte Telegraph. The Western Publishing Co., including the Star-Herald, was acquired by the Omaha World-Herald Company in February 2000. The Omaha World-Herald Company was in turn purchased by Berkshire Hathaway in 2011.
The Star-Herald was part of Berkshire Hathaway's subsidiary BH Media Group, although starting in 2018 it was managed by Lee Enterprises. In January 2020 it was announced that Lee Enterprises was purchasing Berkshire Hathaway's newspaper holdings. 
The paper shares resources with two other nearby newspapers, the Gering Courier and the Hemingford Ledger, both also owned by Lee Enterprises.
Discover more about History related topics
Source: "Star-Herald", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2021, October 4th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star-Herald.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "About Us". Starherald.com. Star-Herald, BH Media Group, Inc. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
The Star-Herald, one of Nebraska's most honored daily newspapers, has a circulation of more than 16,000 and publishes every day of the week but Monday.
- ^ a b "Gering Courier Building". National Park Service. 2004. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- ^ "Scottsbluff Star-Herald Stock Sold". Lincoln Sunday Journal and Star. Lincoln, Nebraska. November 17, 1968. p. 2B.
- ^ "World-Herald Co. buys the Star-Herald". Star-Herald. Scottsbluff, Nebraska. December 30, 1999. p. 1.
- ^ "Timeline: The Omaha World-Herald's 150-year story". omaha.com. Omaha World-Herald. March 7, 2017. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- ^ "Early Termination Notices 20001679: Omaha World-Herald Company; Joe R. Seacrest Children Irrevocable Trust". ftc.gov. Federal Trade Commission. February 24, 2000. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- ^ Bundy, Jeff (November 30, 2011). "Buffett to buy The World-Herald". Omaha, Nebraska. Archived from the original on December 8, 2011. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- ^ Jordon, Steve; Davis, Brad (June 26, 2018). "Scottsbluff, Gering and Hemingford papers among BH Media newspapers to be managed by Lee Enterprises". Star-Herald/BH News Service. Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- ^ "Lee Enterprises to buy Berkshire Hathaway newspaper operations; Berkshire Hathaway to finance all debt". lee.net. Lee Enterprises. January 29, 2020. Retrieved February 17, 2020.
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated (NYSE: LEE), a trusted local news provider and leading platform for advertising in 50 markets, has entered into a definitive agreement with Berkshire Hathaway to acquire BH Media Group’s (“BHMG”) publications and The Buffalo News for $140 million in cash.
- ^ "A new era begins at the Star-Herald". Star-Herald. Scottsbluff, Nebraska. January 29, 2020. Retrieved February 17, 2020.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.