SpongeBob SquarePants Presents The Tidal Zone
|SpongeBob SquarePants Presents The Tidal Zone|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||5|
|Original release||January 13, 2023|
SpongeBob SquarePants Presents The Tidal Zone, referred to more simply as The Tidal Zone is an American animated anthology television special based on Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants and its corresponding franchise, branded as the SpongeBob Universe. A parody and homage to horror anthology television programs, mainly The Twilight Zone, the special comprises five episodes, being the 12th episode of the thirteenth season of SpongeBob SquarePants, the first half of the fourteenth episode of The Patrick Star Show, and the second half of the twenty first episode of the first season of Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years. The special was announced on July 22, 2022 at Nickelodeon’s San Diego Comic Con panel and premiered on January 13, 2023.
The Tidal Zone is a showcase of stories set in the SpongeBob Universe with a continuous theme of abnormality, hosted by the French Narrator who provides the opening and closing narration of each segment. Throughout the special, GrandPat Star is using a time machine in the form of a closet to find his way back home and occasionally appears in each segment.
- Tom Kenny as SpongeBob, SpongeBot, Gary, Robo-Gary, French Narrator, Additional Voices
- Bill Fagerbakke as Patrick Star, Pat-Tron
- Rodger Bumpass as Squidward, SquidBot, Captain Doug Quasar, Demon, Additional Voices
- Carolyn Lawrence as Sandy Cheeks, Sandroid, Additional Voices
- Mr. Lawrence as Plankton, PlankBot, Rube, Rubedor, Robo-Larry, Additional Voices
- Clancy Brown as Mr. Krabs, RoboKrabs
- Jill Talley as Karen, Squidina Star
- Thomas F. Wilson as Cecil Star
- Cree Summer as Bunny Star
- Dana Snyder as GrandPat Star
- Patrick Pinney as Painty the Pirate
Discover more about Cast related topics
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1[a]||"Shrinking Stars"||Ian Vazquez||Mr. Lawrence||January 13, 2023|
|While conducting an interview, Pat-Tron strikes the Star family with his shrink ray. GrandPat mistakes them for insects and tries to get rid of them. He later ends up in Patrick's time closet that takes him to alternate realities.|
|2[b]||"Welcome to Binary Bottom"||Dave Cunningham||Mr. Lawrence||January 13, 2023|
A quick look at an alternate reality version of Bikini Bottom where everyone is a robot.Robo-Gary wants to play with SpongeBot who has to work, causing chaos after getting stuck to SquidBot. GrandPat sees the danger and leaves this reality. The chaos angers Sandroid, who merges with everyone else to create one giant mech robot. The Sandroid then heads to the live-action city as the French Narrator closes out the story revealing himself to be a robot too as he starts to glitch.
|3[c]||"The Switch Glitch"||Brandon Warren||Kaz||January 13, 2023|
|Karen and Patrick accidentally switch brains due to electric charges caused by lightning berries.|
|4[b]||"You're Going To Pay... Phone"||Sherm Cohen||Andrew Goodman||January 13, 2023|
|Mr. Krabs follows a rolling coin that inserts itself into a payphone up for sale at an antique shop. In an attempt to make more money, Mr. Krabs installs the phone in the Krusty Krab. However, a demon who manages the phone from inside of it continuously makes mind controlling calls to him that force him to give away free things, such as Krabby Patties and his own money. The demon swaps places with Krabs, who gets used to managing the phone. However, Squidward tosses the phone in the dumpster. The French Narrator closes out the story as he gets a call to do one more story.|
|5[b]||"A Skin Wrinkle in Time"||Sherm Cohen||Andrew Goodman||January 13, 2023|
|GrandPat travels through time to get back home, going to places such as a western and the SpongeBob theme song, eventually returning to a reality where the only thing different is that the Star family is flies. The French Narrator closes out the special and turns off the TV as GrandPat quotes "Hey! I was watching that!"|
Discover more about Episodes related topics
The special was announced at Nickelodeon’s San Diego Comic Con panel on July 22, 2022. It was originally scheduled to air on November 25, 2022, but it was delayed due to unknown reasons. On December 13, 2022 the special was rescheduled to January 13, 2023.
David King of BubbleBlabber.com called the special decent, saying that "It’s hard to believe a long-running franchise like this hasn’t had anything like this that isn’t a Halloween special. I give it points for creativity at least for “out-weirding” itself, and given the popularity that Spongebob has obtained for decades, I have the feeling we might get more of these in the future.”
Source: "SpongeBob SquarePants Presents The Tidal Zone", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 26th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpongeBob_SquarePants_Presents_The_Tidal_Zone.
Get our FREE extension now!
Krusty Krab Training Video
SpongeBob SquarePants (season 2)
SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis
Pest of the West
What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?
SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One
SpongeBob's Truth or Square
Help Wanted (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Plankton and Karen
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run
Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years
SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout
SpongeBob SquarePants (season 13)
SpongeBob SquarePants (franchise)
The Patrick Star Show
- "SpongeBob Universe Announces First Major Crossover Special for Nickelodeon". comicbook.com. Retrieved 2023-01-14.
- "Nickelodeon's First-Ever SpongeBob Universe Crossover Event, "SpongeBob SquarePants Presents The Tidal Zone", to Debut Friday, November 25" (Press release). Nickelodeon. October 9, 2022. Retrieved January 15, 2023 – via The Futon Critic.
- Bruce Haring (December 13, 2022). "SpongeBob SquarePants Presents The Tidal Zone Crossover Special Gets New Premiere Date – Update". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 15, 2023.
- Mercedes Milligan (December 13, 2022). "New Trailer: Nickelodeon Slates SpongeBob Crossover Premiere Next Month". Animation Magazine. Retrieved January 15, 2023.
- King, David (2023-01-14). "Review: SpongeBob SquarePants Presents: The Tidal Zone". Bubbleblabber. Retrieved 2023-01-15.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.