Slow Motion (Supertramp album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||23 April 2002|
|Studio||Sonora Recorders (Los Angeles, CA) |
The Backyard Studios (Hampton Bays, NY)
Silver Cab (U.S./Canada)
|Producer||Rick Davies, Mark Hart, Jay Messina|
Slow Motion is the eleventh studio album by the English rock band Supertramp, released in April 2002.
In North America, Slow Motion was only available via mail-order from the band's website, released on their own label, and is the final album to date of new music from Supertramp as a band.
The song "Goldrush" was actually written in the early 1970s under the first Supertramp line-up, by original guitarist Richard Palmer-James, and was used as the opening number in all their shows prior to Crime of the Century. The band had tried to record it on several previous occasions, but had never before been able to recreate it in the studio to their satisfaction. While the album credits the song to Davies and Palmer-James only, Roger Hodgson has supposedly co-written it.
All songs written by Rick Davies, except where noted.
- "Slow Motion" – 3:50
- "Little By Little" – 4:30
- "Broken Hearted" – 4:28
- "Over You" – 5:06
- "Tenth Avenue Breakdown" – 8:57
- "A Sting in the Tail" – 5:17
- "Bee in Your Bonnet" – 6:27
- "Goldrush" (Rick Davies, Richard Palmer-James) – 3:06
- "Dead Man's Blues" – 8:26
- Rick Davies – keyboards, lead vocals, harmonica
- John Helliwell – saxophone, woodwinds
- Lee Thornburg – trumpet, backing vocals, trombone
- Carl Verheyen – guitars
- Mark Hart – keyboards, backing vocals, guitars
- Cliff Hugo – bass
- Bob Siebenberg – drums
- Jesse Siebenberg – percussion, backing vocals
- Producers: Rick Davies, Mark Hart, Jay Messina
- Engineer: Jay Messina
- Mastering: Greg Calbi
- Pro-tools: Seth McClain
- Photography: Jean Ber, Richard Frankel
Discover more about Personnel related topics
Charts and certfications
Certifications and sales
Discover more about Charts and certfications related topics
Source: "Slow Motion (Supertramp album)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 18th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_Motion_(Supertramp_album).
Get our FREE extension now!
Breakfast in America
Crime of the Century (album)
Crisis? What Crisis?
Even in the Quietest Moments...
Paris (Supertramp album)
...Famous Last Words...
Brother Where You Bound
Free as a Bird (album)
Some Things Never Change
Retrospectacle – The Supertramp Anthology
It's Raining Again
It Was the Best of Times
The Very Best of Supertramp 2
Live '88 (Supertramp album)
The Very Best of Supertramp
Bloody Well Right
- ^ a b Melhuish, Martin (1986). The Supertramp Book. Toronto, Canada: Omnibus Press. p. 101. ISBN 0-9691272-2-7.
- ^ "Breakfast In Spain - Roger Hodgson and Supertramp website - JOHN HELLIWELL Interview, April 2003". mail.breakfastinspain.com. Retrieved 6 November 2021.
- ^ a b Slow Motion at AllMusic
- ^ Sheffield, Rob; et al. (2004). Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian (eds.). The New Rolling Stone Album Guide (4th ed.). Simon & Schuster. p. 797. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
- ^ "Supertramp – Slow Motion – austriancharts.at" (ASP). Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- ^ "ultratop.be Supertramp – Slow Motion" (ASP). Hung Medien (in French). Ultratop. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- ^ "dutchcharts.nl Supertramp – Slow Motion" (ASP). Hung Medien (in Dutch). MegaCharts. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- ^ "lescharts.com Supertramp – Slow Motion" (ASP). lescharts.com (in French). SNEP. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- ^ "Album Search: Supertramp – Slow Motion" (in German). Media Control. Archived from the original (ASP) on 6 April 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- ^ Salaverri, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1st ed.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.
- ^ "Supertramp – Slow Motion – hitparade.ch" (ASP). Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- ^ "Classement Albums - année 2002". Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique (in French). Archived from the original on 9 September 2011. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- ^ "Hitparade.ch - Schweizer Jahreshitparade 2002" (ASP). Swiss Music Charts (in Swedish). Hung Medien. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- ^ "French album certifications – Supertramp – Slow Motion" (in French). InfoDisc. Retrieved 1 June 2012. Select SUPERTRAMP and click OK.
- ^ "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Supertramp; 'Slow Motion')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- 2002 albums
- Album articles lacking alt text for covers
- Albums produced by Rick Davies
- Articles with MusicBrainz release group identifiers
- Articles with hAudio microformats
- Articles with short description
- CS1 Dutch-language sources (nl)
- CS1 French-language sources (fr)
- CS1 German-language sources (de)
- CS1 Swedish-language sources (sv)
- Certification Table Entry usages for France
- Certification Table Entry usages for Switzerland
- EMI Records albums
- Pages using certification Table Entry with sales figures
- Pages using certification Table Entry with sales footnote
- Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures
- Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Supertramp albums
- Use British English from December 2012
- Use dmy dates from May 2021
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.