|Influences||Ibrahim ibn Adham, Rabia Basri|
|Influenced||Other saints in Basra|
Shaqiq al-Balkhi (Arabic: شقيق البلخي; d. 810 / AH 194) was an early Sufi saint of the Khorasan school. Tradition makes him the disciple of Ibrahim ibn Adham. He emphasized the importance of tawakkul or reliance upon God.
Discover more about Shaqiq al-Balkhi related topics
Source: "Shaqiq al-Balkhi", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2021, November 23rd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaqiq_al-Balkhi.
Get our FREE extension now!
Abu al-Hassan al-Kharaqani
Nasiruddin Chiragh Dehlavi
Ashraf Jahangir Semnani
Al-Fudayl ibn 'Iyad
Ali ibn Isa al-Kahhal
Tajuddin Muhammad Badruddin
Abdul Rehman Jilani Dehlvi
Abu Saeed Mubarak Makhzoomi
Mohammad Yousuf Abu al-Farah Tartusi
- ^ Arberry, A.J., Muslim Saints and Mystics: Episodes from the Tadhkirat Al-Auliya’ ('Memorial of the Saints'). Abridged from Tadhkirat Al-Auliya by Farid al-Din Attar. London, England.: Penguin (Non-Classics), 1990.
- ^ "Tawakkul" in: Oliver Leaman (ed.) The Qur'an: an encyclopedia, Routledge, 2008, ISBN 978-1-134-33975-4
- 810 deaths
- Articles containing Arabic-language text
- Articles with BIBSYS identifiers
- Articles with GND identifiers
- Articles with ISNI identifiers
- Articles with NTA identifiers
- Articles with RERO identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with multiple identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Sufi saints
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.