Seed Productions was a film production company associated with 20th Century Fox, started by Australian actors Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness, with producer and business partner John Palermo.
The company's headquarters were located at the 20th Century Fox lot at Century City, Los Angeles, California, however an Australian office was opened in 2006 at Fox Studios Australia in Sydney. Seed's first planned project was X-Men Origins: Wolverine, a film detailing the origins of the character Wolverine played by Jackman in the X-Men film series. Wolverine was scheduled to begin filming just after completion of the third film in the series, X-Men: The Last Stand, but production delays delayed principal filming in New Zealand until January 18, 2008. In the meantime, the company produced The List starring Ewan McGregor, three cricket documentaries starring Jackman's best friend Gus Worland, and the short-lived television series Viva Laughlin.
Seed Productions closed in 2010, with Jackman deciding to focus on his acting career, while Palermo would have a new producing deal at 20th Century Fox.
Discover more about Seed Productions related topics
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- Deception (2008)
- An Aussie Goes Calypso (2008)
- An Aussie Goes Bolly (2008)
- Viva Laughlin (2007)
- An Aussie Goes Barmy (2006)
Discover more about Television productions related topics
Source: "Seed Productions", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 14th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_Productions.
Get our FREE extension now!
Disney Studios Australia
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Australia (2008 film)
Wolverine in other media
The Wolverine (film)
X-Men: Days of Future Past
List of awards and nominations received by Hugh Jackman
Logan (film character)
- ^ Hugh Jackman sets up Australian camp Archived 2012-07-14 at archive.today, ninemsn, August 16, 2006.
- ^ Hugh's howling success, The Sydney Morning Herald, June 13, 2005.
- ^ Shooting for Wolverine set to commence in South Island, TV3, January 27, 2008.
- ^ Browne, Niall (August 19, 2010). "Hugh Jackman's Seed Productions Closes Up Shop". Screen Rant. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- All stub articles
- American companies established in 2005
- American film company stubs
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Australian companies established in 2005
- Film production companies of Australia
- Film production companies of the United States
- Food and drink companies established in 2005
- Mass media companies established in 2005
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Webarchive template archiveis links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.