San Vicente del Raspeig / Sant Vicent del Raspeig
San Vicente del Raspeig
Sequet però sanet
(Dry but healthy)
|Coordinates: 38°23′47″N 0°31′31″W / 38.39639°N 0.52528°WCoordinates: 38°23′47″N 0°31′31″W / 38.39639°N 0.52528°W|
|Autonomous community||Valencian Community|
|Judicial district||San Vicente del Raspeig|
|• Alcalde||Carlos Robles Navarro (2019) (PSPV-PSOE)|
|• Total||40.55 km2 (15.66 sq mi)|
|Elevation||109 m (358 ft)|
|Highest elevation||440 m (1,440 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||85 m (279 ft)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Official language(s)||Spanish, Valencian|
This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in Spanish. (March 2009) Click [show] for important translation instructions.
San Vicente del Raspeig (Spanish)[a] or Sant Vicent del Raspeig (Valencian),[b] or simply San Vicente / Sant Vicent, is a municipality located in the comarca of Alacantí, in the province of Alicante, Spain, inside the conurbation of Alicante city (6 km away and connected by bus routes and Alicante Tram).
It has an area of 40.5 km² and according to the 2007 census, a total population of 55.434 inhabitants, with a large student population because it contains part of the University of Alicante (Universitat d'Alacant), a major educational institution.
The town was founded in 1836 with the motto sequet però sanet ("dry but healthy"), but it was not considered a municipality until 1848.
There are two important festivals every year: the Bonfires called Fogueres de Sant Vicent in July, and the festival of Moors and Christians in late April.
The city has many quarries of limestone that enable the existence of cement factories.
Discover more about San Vicente del Raspeig / Sant Vicent del Raspeig related topics
- Juanma Acevedo, footballer
San Vicente del Raspeig is twinned with:
- L'Isle-d'Abeau, France
Source: "San Vicente del Raspeig / Sant Vicent del Raspeig", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, November 8th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Vicente_del_Raspeig_/_Sant_Vicent_del_Raspeig.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Spanish pronunciation: [sam biˈθente ðel rasˈpetʃ]
- ^ Valencian pronunciation: [ˌsaɱ viˈsɛn del rasˈpetʃ]
- All stub articles
- Articles containing Spanish-language text
- Articles containing Valencian-language text
- Articles with BNF identifiers
- Articles with GND identifiers
- Articles with J9U identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with MusicBrainz area identifiers
- Articles with NKC identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Geography articles needing translation from Spanish Wikipedia
- Municipalities in the Province of Alicante
- Pages using infobox settlement with possible demonym list
- Pages using infobox settlement with possible motto list
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Valencian Community geography stubs
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.