Richard Snowden (judge)
The Right Honourable
Lord Justice Snowden
|Lord Justice of Appeal|
|Assumed office |
1 October 2021
|High Court Judge|
|Born||22 March 1962|
|Alma mater||Downing College, Cambridge|
Harvard Law School
Sir Richard Andrew Snowden, PC (born 22 March 1962), styled Lord Justice Snowden, is a Lord Justice of Appeal.
Snowden was educated at Downing College, Cambridge, and Harvard Law School. He was called to the bar at Lincoln's Inn in 1986, and elected a Bencher in 2010. He was appointed a Queen's Counsel in 2003, a Recorder in 2006, and a Deputy High Court Judge in 2008. He was a member of the Insolvency Rules Committee between 2002 and 2012. He also edited several works on company and insolvency law.
Snowden was appointed a Justice of the High Court (Chancery Division) on 30 April 2015, following the elevation of Mr Justice Sales to the Court of Appeal, and received the customary knighthood the same year.
On 19 September 2019, Snowden took on the role of Vice-Chancellor of the County Palatine and became Supervising Judge of the Business and Property Courts for the North and North-Eastern Circuits following Mr Justice Barling's retirement.
On 31 August 2021, it was announced that Snowden would be promoted to the Court of Appeal. He was appointed to the Privy Council on 15 December 2021.
Discover more about Biography related topics
Source: "Richard Snowden (judge)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 9th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Snowden_(judge).
Get our FREE extension now!
Lord President of the Court of Session
Court of Session
High Court of Justiciary
High Court (Hong Kong)
Judiciary of England and Wales
High Court judge (England and Wales)
Michael Briggs, Lord Briggs of Westbourne
High Court of Justice
Judiciary of Scotland
Court of Appeal of Kenya
Michael Fordham (judge)
King's Bench Division
- ^ "Senior judiciary". Courts and Tribunals Judiciary. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- ^ "Mr Justice Snowden". Courts and Tribunals Judiciary.
- ^ "Appointment of a High Court Judge: Snowden". Courts and Tribunals Judiciary.
- ^ "No. 61406". The London Gazette. 10 November 2015. p. 22094.
- ^ https://privycouncil.independent.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/2021-12-15-List-of-Business.pdf
- ^ "LI Snowden RA". Baz Manning. Retrieved 11 September 2022.
- 1962 births
- 21st-century King's Counsel
- AC with 0 elements
- All articles with bare URLs for citations
- Alumni of Downing College, Cambridge
- Articles with PDF format bare URLs for citations
- Articles with bare URLs for citations from March 2022
- English King's Counsel
- Harvard Law School alumni
- Knights Bachelor
- Living people
- Lords Justices of Appeal
- Members of the Privy Council of the United Kingdom
- Use dmy dates from April 2022
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.