This article relies excessively on references to primary sources. (February 2008)
Retail Week is a London-based news website, data service, events producer and magazine covering the retail industry, primarily in the United Kingdom.
History and profile
Founded in 1988 by financial journalist Patience Wheatcroft and her husband Tony Salter, Retail Week is now owned by the business information and events company William Reed.
Subscribers are primarily retail company board directors and senior managers, as well as suppliers to retailers and investment analysts.
Retail Week launched its website, Retail-week.com, in 2004. The site was redesigned and relaunched in 2007 and most recently in 2021. Retail-week.com has 192,000 monthly users.
Charlotte Hardie has been editor-in-chief of Retail Week since January 2023. The previous editors were Tim Danaher, Patience Wheatcroft (1988–1992), Ian McGarrigle (1992–1996), Kate Oppenheim (1996–1999), Neill Denny (1999–2004), Chris Brook-Carter (2004-2020) and Luke Tugy (2020-2022). 
Retail Week runs an annual conference in London called Retail Week Live for leaders of the retail industry and hosts the annual Retail Week Awards.
Source: "Retail Week", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 17th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retail_Week.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Jennifer Creevy "Retail Week founder appointed non-executive of Shaftesbury", Archived 28 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine Retail Week, 27 February 2008. Retrieved 17 June 2009.
- ^ "As one Week ends, another begins for new editor Danaher", Archived 16 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine Press Gazette, 12 November 2004 Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- ^ "Chris Brook-Carter appointed to newly created role of Retail Week editor-in-chief", Archived 28 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine Retail Week, 11 January 2012 Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- ^ "| Retail Week Awards". awards.retail-week.com. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- 1988 establishments in the United Kingdom
- All articles lacking reliable references
- Articles lacking reliable references from February 2008
- Business magazines published in the United Kingdom
- EngvarB from August 2016
- Magazines established in 1988
- Magazines published in London
- News magazines published in the United Kingdom
- Professional and trade magazines
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Use dmy dates from August 2016
- Webarchive template wayback links
- Weekly magazines published in the United Kingdom
- Wikipedia articles needing clarification from January 2010
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.