Rishon LeZion, Israel
Ram Bergman (Hebrew: רם ברגמן) is an Israeli film producer. He is known for producing Brick (2005), The Brothers Bloom (2008), Looper (2012), Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), and Knives Out (2019), all of which were written and directed by Rian Johnson.
Bergman received an Achievement in Film Award at the 2018 Israel Film Festival and was nominated for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures for Knives Out at the 2020 Producers Guild of America Awards.
Bergman was born and raised in Rishon LeZion, Israel, to a Jewish family.
Bergman first began producing films during his early 20s, having moved from his native Rishon LeZion in Israel to initially New York and then Los Angeles, in 1991. He had no formal training, just a passion for the film industry and a willingness to keep at it. He worked as a valet, while also “trying to figure out how to make movies” and within the year he was producing his first film, learning his trade while on the job.
Bergman met writer-director Rian Johnson while Johnson was attempting to make Brick. Bergman recalls: “Rian had been trying to make this movie for seven years after he got out of school and when I read the script, I realized I’d never seen anything like this." With Bergman's help, Johnson was able to get the movie made for significantly less money. Describing their relationship, Bergman says “You don’t think when you start out what it could lead to. You just focus on making the movie, but today we are partners and I think I’ll be the luckiest man if I can continue making movies with him for the rest of my life.”
Bergman produced The Last Jedi (2017), the second film in the Star Wars sequel trilogy. This again reunited him with Rian Johnson.
In September 2019, Rian Johnson and producer Bergman launched T-Street, an entrepreneurial company that will generate original content for film and TV shows. The venture is fully capitalized by global media company Valence Media. T-Street launched with a first look deal with Valence Media's Media Rights Capital for film and television projects. Valence Media holds a substantial minority equity stake in the company. Johnson and Bergman intend to make their own original creations through the company, and produce others.
Discover more about Career related topics
Ram Bergman Productions
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2023)
Bergman is the founder of the film production company, Ram Bergman Productions.
Discover more about Filmography related topics
Source: "Ram Bergman", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 22nd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Bergman.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b "Israeli Ram Bergman To Produce New Star Wars Movies". jewishbusinessnews.com. June 23, 2014. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- ^ a b c d e f g Wolfisz, Francine (November 29, 2019). "'Knives Out' producer Ram Bergman: It's a murder mystery like never seen before". Times of Israel. Retrieved November 30, 2019.
- ^ KEEGAN, REBECCA (June 20, 2014). "Rian Johnson boarding 'Star Wars' franchise as writer and director". latimes.com. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- ^ a b c d Fleming, Mike Jr. (September 5, 2019). "'Knives Out' Duo Rian Johnson & Ram Bergman Form T-Street With Funding From Valence Media/MRC: Toronto". Retrieved November 24, 2019.
- 1970 births
- All articles with unsourced statements
- Articles containing Hebrew-language text
- Articles with BIBSYS identifiers
- Articles with BNE identifiers
- Articles with ISNI identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with NLK identifiers
- Articles with NTA identifiers
- Articles with PLWABN identifiers
- Articles with RERO identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with hCards
- Articles with short description
- Articles with unsourced statements from March 2020
- Israeli Ashkenazi Jews
- Israeli film producers
- Living people
- People from Rishon LeZion
- Short description matches Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.