Puducherry–Kanniyakumari Weekly Express
|First service||18 July 2013|
|Current operator(s)||Southern Railway zone|
|Distance travelled||700 km (435 mi)|
|Average journey time||15h 30m|
|Class(es)||AC 2 tier, AC 3 tier, Sleeper class, General Unreserved|
|Catering facilities||On-board catering |
|Observation facilities||Enlarged windows|
|Baggage facilities||Below the seats|
|Rolling stock||1 ICF coaches|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||45 km/h (28 mph), including halts|
The Puducherry–Kanniyakumari Weekly Express is an Express train belonging to Southern Railway zone that runs between Puducherry and Kanniyakumari in India. It is currently being operated with 16861/16862 train numbers on a weekly basis. It is the first express train that ran on the gauge converted route of Manamadurai–Virudhunagar line. Later Silambu Express extended from Karaikudi Junction via this route till Sengottai.
The 16861/Puducherry–Kanniyakumari Weekly Express has an average speed of 45 km/hr and covers 700 km in 15h 30m. The 16862/Kanniyakumari–Puducherry Weekly Express has an average speed of 45 km/hr and covers 700 km in 15h 30m.
Routes and major halts
Discover more about Routes and major halts related topics
Source: "Puducherry–Kanniyakumari Weekly Express", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, November 25th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puducherry–Kanniyakumari_Weekly_Express.
Get our FREE extension now!
Tirunelveli Junction railway station
Kochuveli–Indore Weekly Express
Manamadurai Junction railway station
Aruppukkottai railway station
Tiruturaipundi Junction railway station
Chennai Egmore–Puducherry Express
Chennai Egmore–Karaikal Kamban Express
Gandhidham–Bangalore City Express
Yesvantpur–Puducherry Weekly Express
Puducherry–Mangalore Central Weekly Express
Puducherry–Mangalore Central Express (via Tiruchirappalli)
Purulia–Villupuram Superfast Express
Tirupati–Puducherry Weekly Express
Chennai Egmore–Nagercoil Weekly Superfast Express
- "Southern Railway Reschedules Some Trains". The New Indian Express. 15 December 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- More coaches to be added to trains running in Tamil Nadu
- TEMPORARY AUGMENTATION OF TRAINS, CHANGES IN PATTERN OF TRAIN SERVICES & SUPERFAST ‘JANSADHARAN’ BI-WEEKLY SPECIAL TRAINS BETWEEN SANTRAGACHI - CHENNAI CENTRAL
- All Wikipedia articles written in Indian English
- All stub articles
- Express trains in India
- Indian express train stubs
- Pages using infobox rail service with deprecated parameters
- Pages using infobox rail service with unknown parameters
- Rail transport in Puducherry
- Rail transport in Tamil Nadu
- Railway services introduced in 2013
- Transport in Kanyakumari
- Transport in Puducherry
- Use Indian English from January 2019
- Use dmy dates from January 2019
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.