Pier Park (Florida)
|Location||Panama City Beach, Florida, United States|
|Opening date||February 14, 2008|
|Developer||Simon Property Group|
|Management||Simon Property Group|
|Owner||Simon Property Group (65.6%)|
|No. of stores and services||141|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||895,974 square feet (83,238.7 square meters)|
|No. of floors||1|
In the late 1990s to early 2000s there was talks about an outdoor shopping complex in Panama City Beach that would be adjacent to the Gulf Front with retail stores, dining options, and a movie theatre. The Pier Park project officially broke ground in 2002 with a 5 to 6 year timeline for completion. It neared completion in late 2007 for a Spring 2008 opening date. Pier Park officially opened on February 14, 2008. Among the first stores to open were anchor stores including a Dillard's, J. C. Penney, and Target, all of which are still in operation. Other tenants include Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurant, Buffalo Wild Wings, Marble Slab Creamery, Old Navy, Nike Factory Outlet, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Victoria's Secret and Dick's Last Resort, and a movie theater owned by Southern Theatres, The Grand 16, which features IMAX 3D as well as RealD 3D. Forever 21 opened in the former Borders Bookstore, which closed with the rest of the chain in 2011.
On January 21, 2021, Nike Factory Outlet closed its location at Pier Park.
The opening of Pier Park led to many other developments in the area, including a Walmart store, an adjacent strip mall called Pier Park West, and a second shopping center complex called Pier Park North. Pier Park West contains GameStop, Dickey's Barbecue Pit, Jimmy John's, and Chipotle. Pier Park North, completed in 2015, is home to Bealls Outlet, Five Below, Dick's Sporting Goods, Ross Dress For Less, The Fresh Market, Petsmart, Cost Plus World Market, Bed Bath & Beyond, Rooms To Go, Chili's, Texas Roadhouse, Wayback Burgers, and Jersey Mike's Subs. A fourth development Pier Park East is in the works to include an extension of the current Pier Park with more retail, an indoor family entertainment center, a hotel and residential units, although construction has yet to begin. As of 2022, there has been no further announcement regarding this project with some speculation as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic putting this project to a halt.ref name="wjhg2">"Pier Park hits three-year anniversary". wjhg.com. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
Discover more about History related topics
The Florida Mall
Boise Towne Square
Rolling Acres Mall
Franklin Park Mall
Great Northern Mall (Ohio)
First Colony Mall
Willowbrook Mall (Houston)
River Roads Mall
Patrick Henry Mall
River Park Square
Regency Square Mall (Jacksonville)
Pearland Town Center
Panama City Mall
Southgate Mall (Missoula)
Merritt Square Mall
- Pier Park, Florida, MallsAndStores.info. Accessed: 5 April 2015
- "Pier Park Getting Close". wjhg.com. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Big names will make their Panama City Beach debut: Pier Park store lineup growing. - News Herald (Panama City, FL) | HighBeam Research". Archived from the original on 2016-02-22. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Borders at Pier Park to Close". pcbdaily.com. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Pier Park success spreads around PCB - Business - the News Herald". Archived from the original on 2015-05-18. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- 2008 establishments in Florida
- All articles with dead external links
- Articles with dead external links from March 2018
- Articles with permanently dead external links
- Articles with short description
- Buildings and structures in Bay County, Florida
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata
- Lifestyle centers (retail)
- Pages using the Kartographer extension
- Panama City Beach, Florida
- Shopping malls established in 2008
- Shopping malls in Florida
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Simon Property Group
- Tourist attractions in Bay County, Florida
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.