|Patella rustica on rocks|
|ventral view of Patella rustica|
Patella rustica, the Lusitanian limpet or rustic limpet is a species of sea snail, a true limpet, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Patellidae, one of the families of true limpets. It is a rocky shore intertidal mollusc found throughout the Mediterranean and the north-east Atlantic from Mauritania to southern France.
Discover more about Patella rustica related topics
Source: "Patella rustica", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 17th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patella_rustica.
Get our FREE extension now!
List of non-marine molluscs of Ireland
List of marine gastropods of South Africa
- ^ a b Patella rustica Linnaeus, 1758. Retrieved through: World Register of Marine Species on 8 April 2010.
- ^ "Patella rustica Linnaeus, 1758". Catalogue of Life. Retrieved 13 June 2021.
- ^ "Edible Molluscs Page 6".
- ^ "Recent changes in the distribution of a marine gastropod, Patella rustica, across the Iberian Atlantic coast did not result in diminished genetic diversity or increased connectivity". Sigarra.up.pt (in Portuguese). Retrieved 13 June 2021.
- All articles to be expanded
- All articles with empty sections
- All stub articles
- Articles to be expanded from April 2010
- Articles using small message boxes
- Articles with 'species' microformats
- Articles with empty sections from April 2010
- Articles with short description
- CS1 Portuguese-language sources (pt)
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Gastropods described in 1758
- Marine molluscs of Africa
- Marine molluscs of Europe
- Molluscs of the Mediterranean Sea
- Patellidae stubs
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Taxa named by Carl Linnaeus
- Use dmy dates from October 2022
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.