PalmStar Media Capital or PalmStar Entertainment is a film and television production and financing company based in Philadelphia. It was founded by its CEO, Kevin Frakes in 2010.
PalmStar Entertainment was co-founded in 2004 by Kevin Frakes and Stephan Paternot. Later in 2010, the CEO Frakes co-founded PalmStar Media Capital with Peggy Taylor and Frank Pollifrone. In July 2017, PalmStar Media purchased all the assets of National Lampoon, Inc., including trademark and library of print, audio, movie, and video content.
In October 2014, PalmStar Media signed on a multi-year financing deal with Basil Iwanyk's Thunder Road Pictures, and according to this agreement, Thunder Road would get $200 million funds from PalmStar Media. Thunder Road would use it to fully finance and produce five to six independent films from $20 to $50 million budget range per year.
In February 2015, PalmStar Media signed on a deal with Dylan Sellers' Rivers Edge Films to handle all company's production and development costs, and together, they would produce four to five films with budgets between $20 million to $40 million. In August 2015, PalmStar Media signed a deal with Jeremy Renner and Don Handfield's production company 'The Combine' to produce two to three films per year together.
PalmStar Media has also partnered with Anthony Bregman's Likely Story and Buddy Patrick's Windy Hill Pictures.
Discover more about Collaboration deals related topics
Source: "PalmStar Media", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 16th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PalmStar_Media.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b c Siegel, Tatiana (August 31, 2015). "Jeremy Renner Inks Multi-Year Producing Deal With PalmStar Media (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- ^ "Kevin Frakes - Producer". Focus Features. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- ^ McNary, Dave (June 1, 2010). "Zellweger ready for 'Pillage'". Variety.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr (July 24, 2017). "PalmStar Media Closes Near $12M National Lampoon Deal; Can Laugh Brand Regain Luster?". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- ^ a b McNary, Dave (October 22, 2014). "PalmStar Media, Basil Iwanyk's Thunder Road Set $200 Million in Annual Financing Deal". Variety. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr (February 20, 2015). "Dylan Sellers Sets Rivers Edge Films Shingle With PalmStar Media Backing". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.