|Headquarters||Newry, Northern Ireland|
Founding CEO & Chairman
Norbrook is a United Kingdom-based pharmaceutical company. It was founded in 1969 by Lord Ballyedmond as Norbrook Laboratories Ltd in Northern Ireland. In 1970, Norbrook began manufacturing of veterinary pharmaceuticals. In 2011 the Norbrook Group was listed by the Belfast Telegraph in its Top 100 Companies list as being in position 28.
Norbrook manufactures several pharmaceutical drugs, the best-known of which are the antibiotic drugs Noroclav and Betamox, NSAIDs such as Carprieve, Loxicom and Flunixin.
Discover more about Norbrook Group related topics
- Closamectin – Closamectin is a pioneer drug developed by Norbrook for the treatment of fluke, worms and other external parasites.
- Carprieve – A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for the treatment of osteoarthritis in dogs.
- Loxicom oral Suspension – A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for the treatment of pain in cats and dogs.
- Loxicom Injectable – A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for the treatment of pain in cats and dogs, scour in cattle, musculo-skeletal and locomotary conditions in horses and pigs.
- Flunixin – A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used in horses, cattle and swine in different parts of the world.
- Peptizole - First generic omeprazole for Equine gastric ulcer syndrome in the UK.
- Thyronorm - First oral solution for treating hyperthyroidism in cats 
Discover more about Veterinary products related topics
- 1987 Norbrook receives its first Queens Award for Export
- 2002 Norbrook receives the Queens Award for Export Achievement for the fourth time
- 2011 Norbrook receives the Queens Award for Enterprise
- Norbrook is the only company in the world which is licensed by the United States Food and Drugs Administration to manufacture sterile injections for veterinary use outside the USA and import them for sale in USA territory.
Source: "Norbrook Group", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 29th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbrook_Group.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "28. Norbrook Group – Company List, Top 100 Companies". The Belfast Telegraph. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- ^ http://www.ipo.org/Content/ContentFolders/MeetingsEvents2/IPOMeetingsEvents/AnnualMeeting/2005/Morse_Howard.pdf
- ^ "> Generic Drugs: History, Approval Process, and Current Challenges". USPharmacist.com. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- ^ "Closamectin Pour on and Injection – Norbrook Pharmaceutical Worldwide". Closamectin.com. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- ^ "Scientists create cattle wonder drug – Local & National, News". The Belfast Telegraph. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- ^ a b c d "Norbrook Laboratories – Veterinary, Equine, Farm Animal and Pet Products". Norbrook.com. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- ^ "Carprieve at Veterinary Medicines Directorate". Search.vmd.gov.uk. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- ^ "Liquid therapy launched for feline hyperthyroidism".
- ^ "Pharmaceutical firms win Queen's Awards for Enterprise". Manufacturingchemist.com. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- All articles with dead external links
- Articles with dead external links from February 2022
- Brands of Northern Ireland
- EngvarB from September 2013
- Manufacturing companies of Northern Ireland
- Pharmaceutical companies established in 1969
- Pharmaceutical companies of the United Kingdom
- Use dmy dates from September 2013
- Veterinary medicine in the United Kingdom
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.