Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên
Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên
Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên
12 August 1998
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên (born August 12, 1998) is a Vietnamese beauty queen and model. She was crowned Miss Grand International 2021 in 4th December 2021 at Bangkok, Thailand, is the first Vietnamese woman to win this beauty pageant. Before that, she also represented Vietnam to compete at Miss International 2018 in Japan. She was awarded the Certificate of Merit by the Prime Minister of Vietnam Phạm Minh Chính for Prominent Young Face 2021 (Vietnamese: Gương mặt trẻ tiêu biểu 2021).
Discover more about Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên related topics
Early life and education
Thùy Tiên was born on August 12, 1998 in Ho Chi Minh City. She once read French Language at the Faculty of French Language of School of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City before switching to a new major and then obtaining her Bachelor's degree in International Hotel and Restaurant Management (joint program with Vatel) from the Hoa Sen University in 2022.
Miss Southern Region Vietnam 2017
In 2017, Thùy Tiên participated in the Miss Southern Region Vietnam 2017 contest and won the title of 1st Runner-up.
Miss Vietnam 2018
Being the runner-up of Miss Southern Region Vietnam, she had the opportunity to compete in Miss Vietnam 2018 and she was selected to the Top 5 along with the Beauty with a Purpose award.
Miss International 2018
Thùy Tiên was appointed to be the replacement representative at Miss International 2018 held in Japan. However, she did not enter the Top 15.
Miss Grand Vietnam 2021
Thùy Tiên was appointed as Miss Grand Vietnam 2021 and later participated at Miss Grand International 2021. She was crowned on November 16, 2021.
Miss Grand International 2021
During the national costume competition, held on November 30, she wore a costume entitled “Blue Angel” by designer Tín Thái, that featured a pair of huge wings with gilded decorations behind, an elaborated headdress, gloves, as well as bulky platform boots with 8-inch heels that reportedly hindered her walk. However, her costume made strong impression and was positively commented, in spite of another mishap that took place towards the end of her performance when her right wing unexpectedly collapsed, leading Thùy Tiên to comment on the incident on her Facebook page: "Thank you so much! There was a little incident with the wings, but I hope everyone will ignore it and support me in the upcoming rounds."
At the preliminary competition, held on December 2, she wore a red dress during the evening gown performance.
On December 4, at the final show, Thùy Tiên was advanced to Top 20. After that, she then wore a blue two-piece bikini at the swimsuit competition that helped her advance to Top 10.
During the English presentation of Miss Grand International 2021, she answered on the topic of world peace. Right after that, she said a sentence in Thai that means "Make the world a better place for everyone", while raising 3 fingers together, a protest symbol greeting, anti-dictatorship inspired by the Hunger Games, is also the salute of pro- democracy protesters in Thailand and Myanmar.
During the Top 10 evening gown performance, she wore a dress called "The Crown Dress". This is also the dress chosen by the beauty in the Miss Grand Vietnam 2021 crowning ceremony.
With that answer and her evening gown performance, once again she advanced to Top 5.
During the Top 5 question and answer round, Thùy Tiên was asked by the host, "There are many problems in the world right now, such as human rights and the economy. Who would you choose and why?" She answered:
"If I had a chance to choose who I could talk to, I would like to say thank you to the person who invented the AstraZeneca vaccine. Because she doesn’t need the money to license what she invented. I want to send my thanks to you and everyone to let you know that I am very grateful to you. Because sometimes you choose to do good things. Without requiring credit for what you do, thank you."
After that, with the best interview questions in English and Thai, she won the title and was crowned by Miss Grand International 2020, Abena Appiah.
In her capacity as Miss Grand International 2021, she travelled to Thailand, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Spain, Angola, Romania, United Kingdom, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, and her home country of Vietnam.
Vietnam International Fashion Week 2022
On May 29, 2022, Thùy Tiên made a guest star appearance in Hoàng Hải's fashion show Bướm hoang/Wild Butterfly (the closing show of the Aquafina Vietnam International Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2022), for which she was the showstopper, dressed in a rhinestone, thigh-high split dress with angel wings. However, her left shoelace came loose and gradually slipped down during her walk, which caused her to trip on the 3D butterfly decorations attached to it and fall on the catwalk. The incident received widespread attention throughout the Vietnamese media, to the point that Thùy Tiên gave her own comments on what exactly happened.
Discover more about Pageantry related topics
Source: "Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 12th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyễn_Thúc_Thùy_Tiên.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Hoa hậu Thùy Tiên và 8 cá nhân tiêu biểu được tặng Bằng khen của Thủ tướng". laodong.vn (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2022-03-26.
- ^ "Hoa hậu Hoà bình quốc tế 2021 Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên học trường ĐH nào?". Thanh Niên (in Vietnamese). 2021-12-05. Retrieved 2021-12-06.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên trượt top 15 'Hoa hậu Quốc tế 2018'". Thanh Niên (in Vietnamese). 2018-11-09. Retrieved 2021-12-04.
- ^ "'Người đẹp nhân ái' Thùy Tiên đại diện Việt Nam thi Miss Grand International 2021". Thanh Niên (in Vietnamese). 2021-08-13. Retrieved 2021-12-04.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên nhận vương miện trước giờ sang Thái Lan dự thi 'Miss Grand International 2021'". Thanh Niên (in Vietnamese). 2021-11-16. Retrieved 2021-12-04.
- ^ "Thuy Tien displays national costume at Miss Grand International". vov.vn. 2021-12-01. Retrieved 2021-12-05.
- ^ "Thuy Tien had a problem while performing the national costume at Miss Grand International". Fox 24. 2021-11-30. Retrieved 2021-12-05.
- ^ ""Broken wings" and suffering Thuy Tien still shines at Miss Grand International 2021". Morning Express. 2021-12-02. Retrieved 2021-12-05.
- ^ "CONG LY RETURNED TO THE STAGE AFTER CONVALESCENCE, THUY TIEN HAD A PROBLEM WITH NATIONAL COSTUMES". alexwa.com. 2021-12-01. Retrieved 2021-12-05.
- ^ "VN representative wears national costume, voted best in swimsuit at Miss Grand 2021". VietNamNet. 2021-12-02. Retrieved 2021-12-05.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên: 'Tôi đổi trang phục sát giờ thi để tỏa sáng hơn'". ZingNews.vn (in Vietnamese). 2021-12-04. Retrieved 2021-12-04.
- ^ "Chung kết Miss Grand 2021: Thuỳ Tiên xuất sắc lọt top 20 với phần trình diễn đầy ấn tượng". Đời sống Pháp luật (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2021-12-04.
- ^ VTCNews. "Thuỳ Tiên lọt top 10 Miss Grand International 2021". Vietnam Multimedia Corporation (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2021-12-04.
- ^ "Hoa hậu hòa bình Việt Nam giơ 3 ngón tay của người biểu tình Thái Lan trước khi đăng quang". Radio Free Asia. Retrieved 2021-12-06.
- ^ "Ba ngón tay biết nói của Hoa hậu Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên". BBC News Tiếng Việt (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2021-12-06.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên diện đầm xẻ bạo thi chung kết Miss Grand International 2021". laodong.vn (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2021-12-06.
- ^ News, V. T. C. (2021-12-04). "Thuỳ Tiên lọt top 5, 'chắc suất' Á hậu Miss Grand International 2021". Báo điện tử VTC News (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2021-12-06.
|last=has generic name (help)
- ^ Dir, News (2021-12-04). "Listen to Nguyen Tui Tien, winner of Miss Grand Inter 2021, answer questions". Newsdir3. Retrieved 2021-12-04.
|first=has generic name (help)
- ^ "Vietnamese beauty Nguyen Thuc Thuy Tien crowned Miss Grand International 2021". en.nhandan.vn. 5 December 2021. Retrieved 2021-12-06.
- ^ News, VietNamNet. "Vietnam's Thuy Tien crowned Miss Grand International 2021". VietNamNet (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2021-12-06.
|last=has generic name (help)
- ^ "Báo VietnamNet".
- ^ "Thùy Tiên công tác ở Peru".
- ^ "Người đẹp từng được Thuỳ Tiên trao vương miện Miss Grand Ecuador 2022 bất ngờ từ bỏ danh hiệu". 18 August 2022.
- ^ "Hoa hậu Thùy Tiên đầy quyền lực và nóng bỏng khi xuất hiện trên trang bìa tạp chí Colombia". 4 April 2022.
- ^ "Vẻ đẹp nóng bỏng của Miss Grand Spain 2022".
- ^ "Thùy Tiên được người Angola chào đón".
- ^ "Hoa hậu Thuỳ Tiên và phó chủ tịch Miss Grand mặc áo đôi khi cùng đi từ thiện ở Romania". 27 July 2022.
- ^ "Diện váy cut-out nóng bỏng ở Anh, Thuỳ Tiên được khen chuyên nghiệp khi tự trổ tài make-up". 19 July 2022.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên sẽ có chuyến công tác tại Malaysia và Ấn Độ trước khi kết thúc nhiệm kỳ". 22 August 2022.
- ^ "Stylist của Thùy Tiên hé lộ sự thật khó đỡ phía sau set đồ màu hồng bất ổn ở Miss Grand India". 5 September 2022.
- ^ https://news.abs-cbn.com/life/10/25/22/brazil-wins-miss-grand-international-2022-ph-in-top-20
- ^ "Thuy Tien joins charity work after Miss Grand International victory". 31 March 2022.
- ^ "Miss Grand International 2021 Thùy Tiên làm vedette, Á hậu Hoàng Thùy làm first face BST "Bướm hoang" của NTK Hoàng Hải". baohoahaudoanhnhan.vn (in Vietnamese). 2022-05-30. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên ngã trên sàn catwalk". ngoisao.vnexpress.net (in Vietnamese). 2022-05-30. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- ^ "Hoa hậu Thùy Tiên và 2 người mẫu vấp ngã khi đang catwalk". laodong.vn (in Vietnamese). 2022-05-30. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên tiết lộ sự thật bằng clip cận cảnh cú vồ ếch khi làm vedette". 2sao.vn (in Vietnamese). 2022-05-29. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên 'vồ ếch' trên sàn diễn thời trang do tuột dây giày". cuoi.tuoitre.vn (in Vietnamese). 2022-05-30. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- 1998 births
- Articles with hCards
- Articles with short description
- CS1 Vietnamese-language sources (vi)
- CS1 errors: generic name
- Living people
- Miss Grand International winners
- Miss International 2018 delegates
- People from Ho Chi Minh City
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Vietnamese beauty pageant winners
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.