In a navy, a rate, rating or bluejacket is a junior enlisted sailor who is not a warrant officer or commissioned officer. Depending on the country and navy that uses it, the exact term and the range of ranks that it refers to may vary.
Discover more about Naval rating related topics
Source: "Naval rating", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2021, December 3rd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_rating.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ New English Dictionary, p. 886
- ^ Debra Gray (2004). BTEC First Public Services (uniformed). Heinemann. pp. 39–. ISBN 978-0-435-45459-3.
- ^ "Nautical Terms and Naval Expressions – Uniform Edition". The Sextant. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- ^ Patrick H. Roth (20 September 2012). "Sailors as Infantry in the U.S. Navy". Appendix A Thirty six Illustrative Examples of the Use of Sailors as Infantry. The Navy Department Library. Archived from the original on 5 March 2006. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Baker, Ernest A., The New English Dictionary, Odhams Press, London, 1932.
- Cutler, Thomas J., The Blue Jacket's Manual Centennial Edition, Naval Institute Press, Annapolis, Maryland, 2002. ISBN 9781557502087
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.