|Date||December 10, 2022|
|Venue||WWE Performance Center|
|WWE Network event chronology|
NXT Deadline (stylized as DEADL1NE) is an upcoming professional wrestling livestreaming event produced by WWE. It will be held exclusively for wrestlers from the promotion's NXT brand division. The event will take place on Saturday, December 10, 2022, at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Deadline replaced NXT WarGames as the brand's December event, as the WarGames concept was moved to the main roster for that year's Survivor Series event for the Raw and SmackDown brands. Additionally, Deadline will debut the Iron Survivor Challenge match-type in WWE.
On October 15, 2022, the American professional wrestling promotion WWE filed to trademark the name "NXT Deadline" for their developmental brand, NXT. During a media conference on October 21 the night before NXT Halloween Havoc, WWE executive Shawn Michaels confirmed that NXT's next livestreaming event would be Deadline. It was scheduled to be held on Saturday, December 10 at NXT's home venue, the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, and will air on WWE's livestreaming platforms Peacock in the United States and the WWE Network in international markets. Deadline replaced NXT WarGames as the brand's December event, after the WarGames concept was moved to the main roster for the 2022 Survivor Series for the Raw and SmackDown brands. The event will be held on the same day as Ring of Honor's Final Battle and UFC 282.
NXT Deadline will include several matches. The matches result from scripted storylines, where wrestlers portray heroes, villains, or less distinguishable characters to build tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches. Results are predetermined by WWE's writers on the NXT brand, while storylines are produced on the weekly television program, NXT, and the supplementary online streaming show Level Up.
On the November 15 episode of NXT, WWE executive Shawn Michaels announced a new match-type for WWE called the Iron Survivor Challenge, which would occur at Deadline, with one each for the men and women. The rules are as follows:
- Two wrestlers start the match and every five minutes another wrestler enters until all five participants are present.
- After the last wrestler enters, there is a predetermined time limit.
- Each time a wrestler scores a pinfall, submission, or being the victim of a disqualification, they gain a point.
- A wrestler who is pinned, submitted, or is disqualified goes into a penalty box for 90 seconds.
- The winner of the match is the wrestler who scores the most falls at the end of the time limit.
- The winners of the men's and women's matches become the #1 contenders for the NXT Championship and NXT Women's Championship, respectively.
The participants for both the men's and women's Iron Survivor Challenge will be revealed on the November 29 episode of NXT.
On the November 15 episode of NXT, Apollo Crews warned NXT Champion Bron Breakker that his goal was to become champion. Later, after Crews' match, Breakker appeared to confront him. The following week, Breakker was scheduled to defend the NXT Championship against Crews at Deadline.
Discover more about Production related topics
|1||Participants TBD||Iron Survivor Challenge to determine the #1 contender for the NXT Championship|
|2||Participants TBD||Iron Survivor Challenge to determine the #1 contender for the NXT Women's Championship|
|3||Bron Breakker (c) vs. Apollo Crews||Singles match for the NXT Championship|
Discover more about Matches related topics
List of current champions in WWE
NXT (WWE brand)
Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic
NXT TakeOver: WarGames (2017)
NXT Women's Tag Team Championship
NXT Halloween Havoc (2021)
NXT WarGames (2021)
NXT: New Year's Evil (2022)
NXT Stand & Deliver (2022)
NXT In Your House (2022)
Worlds Collide (2022)
NXT Halloween Havoc (2022)
- Currier, Joseph (October 21, 2022). "WWE confirms NXT Deadline special for December 10". Wrestling Observer Figure Four Online. Archived from the original on October 21, 2022. Retrieved October 22, 2022.
- Johnson, Mike (October 21, 2022). "The next WWE NXT PPV will be..." PWInsider. Archived from the original on October 21, 2022. Retrieved October 22, 2022.
- Powell, Jason (October 21, 2022). "NXT Deadline event announced for December". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Archived from the original on October 21, 2022. Retrieved October 22, 2022.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks. Discovery Communications. Archived from the original on November 29, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2022.
- "Live & Televised Entertainment". WWE. Archived from the original on February 18, 2009. Retrieved May 11, 2021.
- Moore, John (November 15, 2022). "11/15 NXT TV results: Moore's review of Bron Breakker vs. Von Wagner for the NXT Championship, Mandy Rose vs. Alba Fyre in a Last Woman Standing match for the NXT Women's Championship, Apollo Crews vs. JD McDonagh, Indi Hartwell vs. Tatum Paxley, Jagger Reid and Rip Fowler vs. Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- Moore, John (November 22, 2022). "11/22 NXT TV results: Moore's review of Wes Lee vs. Carmelo Hayes for the NXT North American Championship, Cora Jade vs. Wendy Choo, Ivey Nile vs. Tatum Paxley, Toxic Attraction opening, the identity of SCRYPTS revealed". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved November 22, 2022.
- "Shawn Michaels announces the Iron Survivor Challenge for NXT Deadline". WWE. November 15, 2022. Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- "Bron Breakker vs. Apollo Crews (NXT Championship Match)". WWE. November 22, 2022. Retrieved November 23, 2022.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.