|Legal status||Company limited by guarantee|
|Purpose||Consultancy specialising in bioenergy, biofuels and bio-based products|
Chief Executive Officer
|Dr Jeremy Tomkinson|
NNFCC is a consultancy company specialising in bioenergy, biofuels and bio-based products.
Established by the UK Government in 2003 as the National Non-Food Crops Centre (NNFCC) to help extend the competitive non-food uses of crops, NNFCC is now an international consultancy providing advice on the conversion of biomass to bioenergy, biofuels and bio-based products.
The company is based in the BioCentre on the York Science Park and was opened in November 2003 by Larry Whitty, Baron Whitty. The current Chief Executive Officer is Dr Jeremy Tomkinson and the chair of the Board of Directors is Professor Michael Roberts, CBE.
Discover more about History related topics
NNFCC specialises in providing information and knowledge on the supply of biomass, its use in industrial applications and the fate of biomaterials at their end-of-life.
NNFCC operate in five separate sectors:
- Bio-based products
The company undertakes consultancy for a wide range of organisations, including British Airways, INEOS, BASF, Braskem and NatureWorks. NNFCC also receive funding and is a delivery partner for the UK Government's Department for Energy and Climate Change.
In addition to the consultancy offered by NNFCC, the company also have paid membership for businesses and individuals.
Discover more about Company information related topics
Source: "NNFCC", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 8th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NNFCC.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Defra - Non-food industrial crops Archived 16 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ NNFCC About Us Webpage
- ^ NNFCC Consultancy Services
- ^ "DECC Delivery Partners". Archived from the original on 4 March 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- ^ NNFCC Member Benefits
- Agriculture companies of the United Kingdom
- Agriculture stubs
- All stub articles
- Articles with short description
- Bioenergy organizations
- Biofuel in the United Kingdom
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Non-food crops
- Organisations based in York
- Organizations established in 2003
- Private companies limited by guarantee of the United Kingdom
- Research institutes in North Yorkshire
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- University of York
- Use British English from February 2018
- Use dmy dates from February 2018
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.