Михайло Миколайович Куцин
|Birth name||Mykhailo Mykolayovych Kutsyn|
|Born||15 August 1957|
Svoboda, Berehove Raion,
Zakarpattia Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Allegiance|| Soviet Union (1978–1991)|
|Service/|| Soviet Army|
Ukrainian Ground Forces
|Commands held||Western Operational Command|
Armed Forces of Ukraine
Mykhailo Mykolayovych Kutsyn (born 15 August 1957) is a former Chief of the General Staff and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. He was appointed Chief of the General Staff by acting president Oleksandr Turchynov on 28 February 2014. Kutsyn was relieved of this post by president Petro Poroshenko on 3 July 2014. Poroshenko thanked Kutsyn for his service and stated he had been shell-shocked on 2 July 2014 while combating the 2014 insurgency in Donbass. He had suffered concussion and was staying at a hospital.
A graduate of tank school, Kutsyn served with the Soviet Army in Kharkiv, Belarus and Germany. He enlisted in the Ukrainian Ground Forces after the nation gained independence in 1991, and was head of the Western Operational Command for six years, before being appointed Deputy Minister of Defence in March 2010.
Discover more about Mykhailo Kutsyn related topics
Awards and decorations
|Order of Bohdan Khmelnytsky 2nd class (2008)|
|Order of Bohdan Khmelnytsky 3rd class (2005)|
|Medal For Military Service to Ukraine (1997)|
|Medal for Battle Merit (Soviet award)|
Source: "Mykhailo Kutsyn", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, October 13th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mykhailo_Kutsyn.
Get our FREE extension now!
Chief of the General Staff (Ukraine)
Office of the President of Ukraine
Governor of Luhansk Oblast
Governor of Odesa Oblast
Governor of Kherson Oblast
Commander of the Navy (Ukraine)
Commander of the Ukrainian Ground Forces
Yurii Biriukov (volunteer)
- ^ a b "Mykhailo Kutsyn appointed commander-in-chief of Ukrainian army". KyivPost. 28 February 2014. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- ^ "Ukraine Finds Its Forces Are Ill Equipped to Take Crimea Back From Russia". New York Times. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- ^ Михайло Куцин призначений начальником Генштабу. newsradio.com.ua (in Ukrainian). 1 March 2014. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- ^ a b Ukraine's new defence minister promises Crimea victory, BBC News (3 July 2014)
President appoints Muzhenko as commander-in-chief of Armed Forces, Ukrinform (3 July 2014)
- ^ Главнокомандующим Вооруженных сил Украины стал генерал-"танкист" Куцин. ru.tsn.ua (in Ukrainian). 28 February 2014. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- ^ Poroshenko: Former Ukrainian General Staff chief shell-shocked in southeastern combat zone, Interfax-Ukraine (3 July 2014)
- ^ УКАЗ ПРЕЗИДЕНТА УКРАИНЫ № 745/2008. Official Website of the Acting President of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- ^ УКАЗ ПРЕЗИДЕНТА УКРАЇНИ № 1185/2005. Official Website of the Acting President of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Archived from the original on 28 January 2014. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- ^ Президент України; Указ від 30.09.1997 № 1081/97. Official Website of the Ukrainian Parliament (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- 1957 births
- All stub articles
- Articles with Ukrainian-language sources (uk)
- CS1 Ukrainian-language sources (uk)
- CS1 uses Ukrainian-language script (uk)
- Chiefs of the General Staff (Ukraine)
- European military personnel stubs
- Lieutenant generals of Ukraine
- Living people
- People from Zakarpattia Oblast
- People of the annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation
- Pro-Ukrainian people of the 2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine
- Recipients of the Order of Bohdan Khmelnytsky, 2nd class
- Recipients of the Order of Bohdan Khmelnytsky, 3rd class
- Soviet military personnel
- Ukrainian military personnel of the war in Donbas
- Ukrainian people stubs
- Use British English from February 2014
- Use dmy dates from February 2014
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.