|Industry||Oil & Gas|
|Founder||Murphy Oil Corporation|
|Products||Oil and Gas Exploration|
Natural Gas & LNG
Trading & Transportation
Murco Petroleum Limited is an oil refining company based in the United Kingdom. It was set up by Murphy Oil Corporation in 1960. The company owns a forecourt-based chain of convenience stores of Costcutter. Murco purchased a 30% stake in Amoco’s Milford Haven Refinery in 1981, and the remaining 70% in 2007.
In October 2008, the firm purchased Petrol Express Limited for £52 million from its parent company GNE Group, acquiring 63 petrol stations to bring its total to 230.
It was announced in November 2014 that Milford Haven Refinery was to close with the loss of around 350 jobs.
Llandarcy Oil Refinery
Gulf Refinery, Milford Haven
Milford Haven Refinery
Indian Oil Corporation
Petroleum refining in the United Kingdom
- "Murco". Murphy Oil Corporation. 7 March 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Murco Petroleum". htec.co.uk. 20 September 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Refining and Distribution". Murco in the UK. Murco Petroleum Ltd. 30 September 2011. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Murco buys Petrol Express". News. forecourttrader.co.uk. 30 October 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Murco refinery sale collapses". BBC. 5 November 2014. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.