Mortimer J. Buckley
Mortimer J. Buckley
Mortimer Joseph Buckley
|Other names||Tim Buckley|
|Education||Belmont Hill School|
|Alma mater||Harvard University (A.B., M.B.A.)|
|Employer||The Vanguard Group|
|Title||President and Chief executive officer of Vanguard|
|Predecessor||F. William McNabb III|
|Board member of||Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Chairman of Board of Trustees, 2011-2017|
Early life and education
Buckley was born in 1969, the son of Dr. Mortimer John Buckley and his wife Marilyn (née Scully) Buckley. His father was the Chief of the Massachusetts General Hospital Cardiac Surgical Unit in Boston.
Buckley attended secondary school at the Belmont Hill School in Belmont, MA. He later earned a BA degree in economics in 1991 from Harvard College and an MBA degree in 1996 from Harvard Business School.
Discover more about Early life and education related topics
In 1991 Buckley joined Vanguard as an assistant to company founder John C. Bogle. From 2001 to 2006 Buckley was Chief Information Officer, and from 2006 to 2012 he was head of the Retail Investor Group. He became Chief Investment Officer upon the retirement of Gus Sauter in 2013.
In 2017, Vanguard's Board of Directors unanimously elected Buckley to succeed F. William McNabb III as chief executive officer, effective January 2018.
Harvard Kennedy School
Belmont Hill School
Mass General Brigham
Edith Brown Clement
American Alliance of Museums
Buckley School (New York City)
Affiliated Managers Group
William B. Evans
John L. Flannery
- "About our speakers". wcc.on24.com. Archived from the original on September 2, 2017. Retrieved July 24, 2017.
- "Vanguard CEO F. William McNabb To Step Down". news.morningstar.com. July 13, 2017. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- "Weddings". The Boston Globe. June 17, 1962. p. 121. Retrieved January 1, 2022.
- "Mortimer John Buckley". Harvard Gazette. October 30, 2008. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- "Carved Panel Archive". www.belmonthill.org. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- "Vanguard's management and directors". about.vanguard.com. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- "Tim Buckley" (PDF). www.sec.gov. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "Vanguard CIO Tim Buckley, at a glance". sandiegouniontribune.com. April 4, 2013. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- 1969 births
- AC with 0 elements
- American chief executives of financial services companies
- American corporate directors
- Articles with hCards
- Articles with short description
- Chief investment officers
- Harvard Business School alumni
- Harvard College alumni
- Living people
- Short description matches Wikidata
- The Vanguard Group
- Use mdy dates from September 2020
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.