This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Mitch Metcalf (born c. 1966) is an American television analyst and former scheduling executive for NBC. He studied politics and economics at Princeton University. He worked for Frank N. Magid Associates and Research Communications before joining ABC in 1990. The network promoted him to director of West Coast research in January 1995, and later senior vice president of research. NBC hired Metcalf in September 1999 as senior vice president of program research on the West Coast. He became program planning and scheduling chief in November 2000.
Metcalf was promoted to executive vice president of programming planning and scheduling in 2005. He left the company in March 2011 after Robert Greenblatt became NBC chairman. Later that year, together with Mitch Salem, he cofounded the website Showbuzz Daily, dedicated to box office and television ratings analysis. The website briefly went defunct on June 7, 2021 due to "technical issues" and losing access to Nielsen ratings after May 13. On August 16, 2021, Metcalf reported that the site was back up and running and would be able to post ratings again, with some few changes.
Discover more about Mitch Metcalf related topics
Source: "Mitch Metcalf", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, August 18th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Metcalf.
Get our FREE extension now!
Roswell, New Mexico (TV series)
FBI: Most Wanted
Motherland: Fort Salem
Call Me Kat
Walker (TV series)
Wipeout (2021 game show)
Home Economics (TV series)
American Idol (season 20)
Ghosts (American TV series)
All American: Homecoming
The Masked Singer (American season 6)
That's My Jam
The Masked Singer (American season 7)
- ^ de Moraes, Lisa (July 19, 2001). "Peacock Poppycock? NBC's Questionable Age Argument". The Washington Post. Pasadena, California (published July 20, 2001). p. C7. ProQuest 1962430940.
- ^ Metcalf, Mitch; Salem, Mitch. "About Us". Showbuzz Daily. Archived from the original on September 9, 2020.
- ^ "People on the Move". The Hollywood Reporter. Vol. 335, no. 22. January 3, 1995. p. 67. ProQuest 2393606948.
- ^ Rice, Lynette (September 2, 1999). "ABC research's Metcalf to NBC". The Hollywood Reporter. Vol. 359, no. 20. pp. 3, 22. ProQuest 2469286977.
- ^ Schneider, Michael (November 27, 2000). "Peacock fits Metcalf into schedule". Variety. Vol. 381, no. 2. Hollywood, California. p. 61. ProQuest 1438552738.
- ^ James, Meg (March 4, 2011). "NBC scheduling chief Mitch Metcalf steps down". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on March 8, 2011.
- ^ Weisman, Jon (March 4, 2011). "Mitch Metcalf ankles NBC". Variety. Archived from the original on June 9, 2015.
- ^ Gardner, Andrea (December 23, 2014). "Angelenos poised to make the Yule Log a ratings leader on Christmas". Southern California Public Radio. Archived from the original on June 9, 2015.
- ^ Weisman, Jon (April 7, 2011). "Former NBC exec Metcalf co-launches Showbuzz Daily". Variety. Archived from the original on April 29, 2015.
- ^ Metcalf, Mitch [@ShowbuzzDaily] (June 7, 2021). "A sad final update: in addition to our ongoing technical issues, we've lost access to the ratings we'd been able to provide on showbuzzdaily.com. Therefore, we're sorry to say that the site is officially done. (For those who are wondering, the situations were unrelated.)" (Tweet). Retrieved June 7, 2021 – via Twitter.
- ^ Terror, Jude (June 7, 2021). "So Long, Showbuzz Daily, and Goodbye Public Cable Ratings Charts". Bleeding Cool.
- ^ Metcalf, Mitch; Salem, Mitch (August 16, 2021). "We're As Surprised As You Are". Showbuzz Daily.
- 1960s births
- 20th-century American businesspeople
- 21st-century American businesspeople
- All articles lacking reliable references
- All articles with topics of unclear notability
- All stub articles
- American Broadcasting Company executives
- American business biography stubs
- Articles lacking reliable references from November 2018
- Articles with multiple maintenance issues
- Articles with short description
- Articles with topics of unclear notability from November 2018
- BLP articles lacking sources from November 2018
- Biography articles with topics of unclear notability
- Living people
- NBC executives
- Princeton University alumni
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Year of birth missing (living people)
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.