Miss Grand South Africa
|Formation||September 17, 2015|
|Founder||Anel de Swardt|
|Miss Grand International|
|Maggy-Dee Productions (2017 – Present)|
Miss Grand South Africa is an annual female beauty pageant in South Africa founded in 2015 by Commonwealth Pageant South Africa, led by Anel de Swardt, aiming to select the country representative to compete in its parent contest Miss Grand International. The license was transferred to Zee World in 2016, and later to Maggy-Dee Productions, led by Miss Grand South Africa 2015 "Lenie Pieterse" who currently owns and runs the contest since 2017.
South Africa got placements at Miss Grand International twice including top 20 finalists by "Belinde Schreuder" in 2019 and the fourth runner-up by "Jeanè Van Dam" in 2021.
Discover more about Miss Grand South Africa related topics
South Africa made its debutant at Miss Grand International in 2015 by Magdalena Lenie Pieterse, who had been serving as the director of the Miss Grand South Africa beauty contest since 2017. After winning the 2015 title at the parallel contest of the Commonwealth Pageant South Africa, Miss & Mrs. Grand South Africa 2015–16, held in the Lyric Theatre at Gold Reef City amusement park of Johannesburg on 17 September 2015, Pieterse entered the Miss Grand International 2015 world final round in Bangkok, Thailand, then became the director of the national preliminary contest for such an international pageant two years later.
In 2016, An English-Bollywood TV channel in Johannesburg, Zee World, obtained one year license for the Miss Grand International 2016, the national contest was held on 6 August 2016 at Atterbury Theatre in Pretoria featuring 6 national finalists, in which Caitlin Harty, a professional model based in Johannesburg, was announced as the titleholder. However, Zee World lost the license to Magdalena Pieterse in the following year. Under the direction of Pieterse, her first affiliated titleholder, Yajna Debideen, was appointed to the position instead of conducting the national contest. Debideen was the first runner-up Miss Supranational South Africa 2017.
In the following year, the organizer company, Maggy-Dee Productions, was founded by Pieterse, and became responsible for managing the national contest. The first pageant under the direction of such an organ took place on 4 August 2018 at Atterbury Theatre in Pretoria, and the contest has been held annually since then. South Africa got placements twice at the Miss Grand International contest, including Top 20 finalists by Belinde Schreuder in 2019 and the fourth runner-up by Jeanè Van Dam in 2021.
Since acquiring the license, the Miss Grand South Africa pageant, under the direction of Lenie Pieterse, has been aiming to empower women with the knowledge to bring about changes to communities in need by becoming a charity and cultural ambassador within South Africa. Several national finalists are currently working with the local non-profit organizations (NGOs) or providing the necessities support for those organs. For instance, the 2021 finalist, Storm Hurlbatt, an established financial advisor, who created the MakeNoise360 campaign to change the culture of violence and injustice in society. as well as Genive Trimble, the other 2021 finalist, who is affiliated with the Humanitarian Empowerment Fund, the organization that was founded to holistically change and empower communities, families, and industries through helping with food supply, security, education, and rehabilitation.
|Year||Edition||Date||Venue||Host province||Entrants||Provincial pageant||Ref.|
|2015||1th||11 September||Lyric Theatre of Gold Reef City amusement park, Johannesburg||Gauteng||8|||
|2016||2nd||6 August||Atterbury Theatre, Pretoria||6|||
|2020||5th||30 August||The event was held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.||8|||
|2021||6th||14 August||Atterbury Theatre, Pretoria||Gauteng||26|||
|2022||7th||9 July||Lake Umuzi Waterfront Hotel, Secunda||Mpumalanga||38|||
Discover more about Background related topics
|Year||Miss Grand South Africa||Runners-up||Ref.|
|1st runner-up||2nd runner-up||3rd runner-up||4th runner-up|
|2014||Ane Reynolds||No runners-up, the titleholder was appointed to the position.|||
|2015||Magdalena Pieterse[α]||Danielle Leach||Rina van Schalkwyk||—||—|||
|2016||Caitlin Harty||Precious Khoza||Thando Tsiane||—||—|||
|2017||Yajna Debideen[β]||No runners-up, the titleholder was determined through the Miss Supranational South Africa 2017 pageant.|||
|2018||Misha Christie||Natasché Daniels||Refentse Fensi Molehe||Nedien Andrews||Rhulani Mathevula|
|2019||Belinde Schreuder[γ]||Jeané Van Dam||Phomolo Bianca Tjie||—||—|||
|2020||Anronet Roelofsz[δ]||Nompumelelo Malindi||Sthabile Mnyandu||—||—|||
|2021||Jeanè Van Dam||Lu Juan Mzyk||Danielle Van Zyl||Genive Trimble||Jordan Van Rensburg|||
|2022||Lu Juan Mzyk||Bianca Ramalho||Sphilangomusa Khwezi Msweli||Anita Meyer||Sharne Dheochand|||
Source: "Miss Grand South Africa", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 5th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Grand_South_Africa.
Get our FREE extension now!
Miss Grand USA
Miss Grand International
Miss Grand International 2022
Miss Grand Malaysia
Miss Grand Brazil
Miss Grand International 2019
Miss Grand Australia
Miss Grand Vietnam 2022
Miss Grand Ghana
Miss Grand Honduras
Miss Grand Cambodia 2021
Miss Grand Namibia
Miss Grand Albania
- ^ a b c d e f Leoni Kruger (18 September 2015). "Beauties grab the crown". Mogol Pos. Retrieved 21 January 2022 – via Internet Archive.
- ^ a b c "Lenie wants to win Miss Grand SA". Mogol Pos. 7 June 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2022 – via Internet Archive.
- ^ a b c d e f Linda Oliphant (19 August 2016). "Zee World Miss Grand South Africa 2016 gets crowned". Esselnewsletter.com. Archived from the original on 25 March 2019. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- ^ a b c d Nadia Khan (23 August 2017). "Model sets eyes on Vietnam". Post. Archived from the original on 21 January 2022. Retrieved 21 January 2022 – via PressReader.
- ^ a b c d e f Candice George (23 August 2017). "Yellowwood Park Beauty To Participate In Miss Grand International". Rising Sun Community Newspapers. Archived from the original on 7 January 2023. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- ^ a b "AS Raih Miss Grand International 2020, Indonesia Runner-up 3". CNN Indonesia (in Indonesian). 28 March 2021. Archived from the original on 28 March 2021. Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- ^ a b "Miss Grand International: Maricielo Gamarra quedó entre las 20 favoritas". La República (in Spanish). 27 March 2021. Archived from the original on 30 August 2021. Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- ^ a b c d Graye Morkel (30 October 2019). "Belindé Bella Schreuder returns home after Miss Grand International journey comes to an end in Venezuela". Channel24.co.za. Archived from the original on 26 February 2020. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- ^ a b c "Caitlin Harty crowned as Miss Grand South Africa 2016". The Times of India. 11 August 2016. Archived from the original on 12 August 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- ^ a b c Jaco-Mari Futcher (26 April 2019). "Modelwerk Red Haar". Randfontein Herald (in Afrikaans). Retrieved 21 January 2022 – via Internet Archive.
- ^ a b c d e "Local Beauty Wants To Win Miss Grand SA, Miss Grand SA Brings Opportunities For Young Ambassador". Sunday Times. 6 June 2021. Retrieved 21 January 2022 – via Internet Archive.
- ^ a b "Lộ diện đối thủ Thùy Tiên: Tân Hoa hậu Hoà bình Nam Phi, nữ sinh trường Luật xinh đẹp, nóng bỏng". Thương hiệu và Pháp luật (in Vietnamese). 18 August 2021. Archived from the original on 20 January 2022. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- ^ Gerda Bruinette (5 December 2021). "Veels geluk Jeané van Dam!". Vaalweekblad.com (in Afrikaans). Archived from the original on 20 January 2022. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- ^ "Actonville Resident On A Grand Journey". Benoni City Times. 30 July 2021. Retrieved 21 January 2022 – via Internet Archive.
- ^ a b Bronwyn Forbes-Hardinge (July 2021). "Breaking The Silence". Get It Magazine – Highway Berea. Retrieved 21 January 2022 – via Internet Archive.
- ^ a b "Belinde Bella Schreuder crowned Miss Grand South Africa 2019". Times of India. 31 May 2019. Archived from the original on 7 June 2022. Retrieved 7 June 2022.
- ^ "Miss Grand South Africa 2020 is going online". Miss Grand South Africa. 11 August 2020. Retrieved 7 June 2022.
- ^ Jeffreys Bay (26 May 2022). "Local beauty wants to win Miss Grand South Africa". Jbaynews.com. Archived from the original on 26 May 2022. Retrieved 27 May 2022.
- ^ a b Encee van Huyssteen (14 July 2022). "Miss Grand SA 2022 crowned at Boesies M". The Bulletin. Archived from the original on 8 August 2022. Retrieved 9 August 2022.
- ^ Miss Grand International (31 August 2014). "Welcome Miss Grand South Africa 2014 - Miss Ane Reynolds". Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- ^ Berkat Prima (4 July 2021). "9 Pesona Miss Grand Afrika Selatan 2020 Anronet Roelofsz yang Memukau". IDN Media Company (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 20 January 2022. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- ^ "Nữ doanh nhân nóng bỏng đăng quang Hoa hậu Hòa bình Nam Phi 2022". Kênh 14 (in Vietnamese). 13 July 2022. Archived from the original on 13 July 2022. Retrieved 14 July 2022.
- ^ Jeel Monde (9 December 2021). "MGI 2021: Miss South Africa Heartbroken Over Exclusion Despite Winning". Philnews.ph. Archived from the original on 9 December 2021. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- ^ Duduzile Pila (9 June 2017). "SA Model Crowned World Super Model". The Star Early Edition. Retrieved 8 June 2022 – via PressReader.
- ^ "Belinde Schreuder crowned Miss Supranational South Africa 2018". Times of India. 11 November 2018. Archived from the original on 7 June 2022. Retrieved 8 June 2022.
- ^ "Belinde Schreuder crowned Miss United Continents South Africa 2018". Times of India. 28 May 2018. Archived from the original on 7 June 2022. Retrieved 8 June 2022.
- ^ "Local model crowned Miss Globe for 2014". Rekord.co.za. 19 April 2014. Archived from the original on 7 June 2022. Retrieved 8 June 2022.
- Articles with short description
- Beauty pageants in South Africa
- CS1 Afrikaans-language sources (af)
- CS1 Indonesian-language sources (id)
- CS1 Spanish-language sources (es)
- CS1 Vietnamese-language sources (vi)
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Miss Grand International by country
- Recurring events established in 2015
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.