Miss Grand Dominican Republic
|Formation||July 5, 2016(As Miss Grand Dominican Republic pageant)|
|Miss Grand International|
|English and Spanish|
|Iconic Model Search Inc. (2022 – present)|
Miss Grand Dominican Republic (Spanish: Miss Grand República Dominicana) is a female national beauty pageant in the Dominican Republic, founded in 2016 by a Dominican American business person, Chantel Martinez, with the aim of selecting a country representative to participate in its parent pageant, Miss Grand International. In 2022, the competition franchise belonged to the Iconic Model Search Inc, chaired by Joe Amhed, who served as the national director of Miss Earth Puerto Rico as well.
Since the first participation in 2013, the Dominican Republic won the Miss Grand International competition once in 2015, through a Rhode Island-based model, Anea Garcia, but was later replaced by the first runner-up from Australia, Claire Parker, due to being unable to fulfill the agreement with the international organizer.
Discover more about Miss Grand Dominican Republic related topics
Since the first participation of the Dominican Republic in Miss Grand International in 2013, the national pageant that was specifically held for the said international stage happened only once in 2016, under the leadership of Chantel Martinez, the first runner-up Miss Grand International 2013, who served as the national director of Miss Grand Dominican Republic during 2014 – 2018. Contestants from 20 provinces and municipalities participated in the competition held on July 5 at the Cibao Grand Theatre in Santiago de los Caballeros, in which Lucero Arias, a fashion model from Dajabón, was announced the winner, but she unfortunately got a non-placement after participating at Miss Grand International 2016 in Las Vegas, United States. Since no other edition of such a national contest has been additionally held, all the ensuing representatives were either appointed or gained the right from other contests; for instance, the winners or runners-up of the Misses of Dominican Republic pageant were designated as Miss Grand Dominican Republic in 2020 and 2021.
The Dominican Republic got the placements in Miss Grand International seven times, the best rank was the winner in 2015, won by a Dominican American from Rhode Island, Anea García, but was later dethroned in early 2016 and the first runner-up from Australia was promoted to take over the title.
The following list is the Dominican representatives that got placements in Miss Grand International:
Discover more about History related topics
The Miss Grand Dominican Republic pageant was separately held only once in 2016, the following table is the competition detail of such contest.
|Winner||1st runner-up||2nd runner-up|
|2016||1st||July 5||Cibao Grand Theatre, Santiago de los Caballeros||20||Lucero Arias||Laura Cruz||Reisy Sobrino|||
Representatives at Miss Grand International
|Year||Representative||Original national title||International placement||Licensee||Ref.|
|2013||Chantel Martínez||5th runner-up Miss Dominican Republic 2013||1st runner-up||Magali Febles|||
|2014||Germania Martínez||Appointed||Unplaced||Chantel Martínez|||
|2015||Anea Garcia||2nd runner-up Miss USA 2015||Winner|||
|2016||Lucero Arias||Miss Grand Dominican Republic 2016||Unplaced|||
|2018||Mayté Brito||2nd runner-up Miss Mundo Dominicana 2014||Top 10|||
|2019||Stéphanie Bustamante||Miss International Dominicana 2018||Top 20||Jose Alejandro &
Chris E. Puesan
|2020||Lady León||Miss Asia Pacific Dominicana 2020||Top 20|||
|2021||Stephanie Medina||Miss Grand Dominican Republic 2021||Top 20||Alejandro Martínez|||
|2022||Jearmanda Ramos||Appointed||Top 20||Joe Amhed|||
- Winner gallery
Discover more about Representatives at Miss Grand International related topics
National pageant candidates
Dominican communities in USA
|Dominican communities in USA||Laura Cruz|
|Hermanas Mirabal||Karina Guzman|
|La Altagracia||Laura Cabrera|
|La Vega||Nicaury Roca|
|Monseñor Nouel||Jaylene Guichardo|
|Monte Cristi||Sabrina Lazala|
|Puerto Plata||Tonia Luna|
|Santiago Rodríguez||Jatna Suero|
|Santo Domingo||Nathaly Mussed|
|Santo Domingo Este||Luz Keila Vega|
|Santo Domingo Oeste||Reisy Sobrino|
Discover more about National pageant candidates related topics
Source: "Miss Grand Dominican Republic", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, December 30th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Grand_Dominican_Republic.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b c "Presentan candidatas Miss Grand RD". Caribbeandigital.net (in Spanish). 8 May 2016. Archived from the original on 9 May 2016. Retrieved 4 February 2022.
- ^ a b c d Carlos Bueno (16 July 2016). "Dajabón recibe a ganadora de Concurso de Belleza". SabanetaSR.com (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 5 August 2016.
- ^ "Miss Grand Dominican Republic 202 is organized under the leadership of the Iconic Model Search Inc". Miss Grand International. 16 December 2021. Retrieved 9 November 2022.
- ^ "Gana Miss Earth". El Vocero (in Spanish). 24 November 2022. Archived from the original on 9 November 2022. Retrieved 9 November 2022.
- ^ a b "Indonesia's Ariska Putri Pertiwi crowned Miss Grand International 2016". The Indian Express. 26 October 2016. Archived from the original on 24 May 2021. Retrieved 18 October 2021.
- ^ a b c d "สาวงาม "โดมินิกัน" วัย20 คว้ามงกุฎมิสแกรนด์2015". Daily News (in Thai). 26 October 2015. Archived from the original on 26 October 2015. Retrieved 20 October 2021.
- ^ a b c d "Miss Grand International 2015 stripped of her title". The Times of India. 23 February 2019. Archived from the original on 13 January 2022. Retrieved 13 January 2022.
- ^ a b Khaosod (26 October 2016). ""มิสอินโดนีเซีย"น้ำตาคลอ คว้ามงกุฏมิสแกรนด์อินเตอร์เนชั่นแนลฯ "ฝ้าย-สุภาพร"ซิวรองอันดับ2(คลิป)" (in Thai). Archived from the original on 11 February 2021. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- ^ "Welcome our new official National Director for Miss Grand Dominican Republic 2020". Miss Grand International. 29 September 2020. Archived from the original on 4 February 2022. Retrieved 4 February 2022.
- ^ a b "AJ สนับสนุนการประกวด Miss Grand International 2556". AJ Advance Technology Public Co., Ltd. (in Thai). 2013. Archived from the original on 25 January 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- ^ a b "สาวงามเปอร์โตริโก้คว้า "มิส แกรนด์ อินเตอร์เนชั่นแนล 2013"". Teenee.com (in Thai). 20 November 2013. Archived from the original on 23 November 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2021.
- ^ a b "Meenakshi Chaudhary from India wins 1st runner-up title at Miss Grand International 2018". The Times of India. 25 October 2018. Archived from the original on 11 March 2019. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b Margret Fermin (26 October 2019). "Miss Grand International 2019 top 20". Philippineslifestyle.com. Archived from the original on 31 October 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b Fábio Luís de Paula (27 March 2021). "Abena Appiah, dos EUA, é primeira mulher negra a vencer Miss Grand International". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 2 April 2021. Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- ^ a b Đạt Phan (4 December 2021). "Thùy Tiên đăng quang Miss Grand International 2021". VnExpress (in Vietnamese). Archived from the original on 4 December 2021. Retrieved 4 December 2021.
- ^ a b Fábio Luis de Paula (25 October 2022). "Isabella Menin vence Miss Grand International e quebra jejum de 51 anos". Riopreto.dlnews.com.br (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 26 October 2022. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- ^ "Miss Grand Dominican Republic 2014". Miss Grand International. 2014. Archived from the original on 29 June 2015. Retrieved 9 November 2022.
- ^ "Miss Grand Dominican Republic". Miss Grand International. October 2017. Archived from the original on 1 February 2018. Retrieved 8 November 2022.
- ^ "Ngắm Top 20 Miss Grand International 2017 nóng bỏng với phần thi bikini". Voice of Vietnam (in Vietnamese). 26 October 2017. Archived from the original on 8 November 2022. Retrieved 9 November 2022.
- ^ "Hoa hậu Cộng hòa Dominica: "Thiên Ân nhạy cảm"". Kenh14.vn (in Vietnamese). 8 November 2022. Archived from the original on 9 November 2022. Retrieved 9 November 2022.
- 2016 establishments in the Dominican Republic
- Articles containing Spanish-language text
- Articles with short description
- Beauty pageants in the Dominican Republic
- CS1 Portuguese-language sources (pt)
- CS1 Spanish-language sources (es)
- CS1 Thai-language sources (th)
- CS1 Vietnamese-language sources (vi)
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Miss Grand International by country
- Recurring events established in 2016
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.