Miss Grand Colombia
|Established||11 February 2018|
|Miss Grand International|
|Casa De Reinas SAS (2022 – Present)|
Miss Grand Colombia is an annual female beauty pageant in Colombia, founded in 2018 by Top 3 Latam chaired by Neyder Duarte. Previously, the country representatives were selected by the International Portfolio Agency headed by Elías Tobón and Mara Borrego, either by handpicking or through their national pageant, Miss Earth Colombia. Currently, the franchise belongs to the Bogota-based modeling agency, Casa De Reinas SAS which owns and runs the Miss Grand Colombia beauty contest since 2022.
Colombia holds a record of 5 placements at Miss Grand International, the highest position was the fourth runner-up obtained by Mónica Castaño in 2014. The reigning Miss Grand Colombia is Priscilla Londoño who was crowned on 15 June 2022 at the Hotel Grand Park in Bogotá, she placed as Top 10 finalist (5th Runner up) in Miss Grand International 2022.
Discover more about Miss Grand Colombia related topics
Colombia has been taking part in the Miss Grand International since 2013. However, most of its representatives were assigned to participate without organizing the national preliminary contest specifically. In 2018, the first edition of Miss Grand Colombia was conducted in Villeta of Cundinamarca Department at the BH Tempo Hotel on 11 February after Miss Earth Colombia, who served as the national licensee during 2013 – 2017, had lost the franchise to Top 3 Latam – the Cundinamarca-based pageant organizer, headed by Neyder Duarte. The contest featured 5 national finalists representing 5 national regions, including Altiplano, Andean, Llanos, Orinoquía, and Sinú, of which Génesis Andrea Quintero Pérez from Orinoquía was announced the winner and expected to compete in Myanmar for the international title, but unfortunately forced to resign by the organizer due to health problems after having breast augmentation as well as the financial conflict between them. The organizer then relinquished the franchise to the Concurso Nacional de Belleza de Colombia (CNB Colombia; Miss Colombia), who appointed Sheyla Quizena Nieto to compete at the said platform instead. Nevertheless, Quintero was later assigned to participate in the following international edition in Venezuela by the 2019 national licensee – Luis Humberto Garcés, as the replacement of the former representative, Sthefany Rodríguez, the Colombian-Venezuelan model who resigned the title two months after the appointment; and was placed among the top 20 finalists. Since then, the license had been being transferred to the different organizers every year, including Juan José Mendoza in 2020, back to Miss Colombia in 2021, and under the control of César Prado in 2022.
The representatives of Colombia got placements at Miss Grand International four times in 2013, 2014, 2019, and 2021. The highest one was the fourth runner-up, won by Mónica Castaño in 2014.
Discover more about History related topics
The following list is the edition detail of the Miss Grand Colombia contest, since its inception in 2018.
|Winner||1st runners-up||2nd runners-up|
|2018||1th||11 February||BH Tempo Hotel, Villeta, Cundinamarca||5||Génesis Quintero||No runners-up assigned|||
|2022||2nd||25 June||Hotel Grand Park, Bogotá||21||Priscilla Londoño||Antonia Ruiz||Luisa Gonzalez|||
The following list is the national finalists of the Miss Grand Colombia pageant, as well as the competition results.
- Color keys
- A Declared as the winner
- Ended as a runner-up
- Ended as a semifinalist
- Ended as a quaterfinalist
- – Did not participate
- Withdraw during the competition
2023–present : Department Representatives
|Region National Finalists|
|Zona Andina||Valentina Cárdenas|
|Department National Finalists|
|• Medellín||Camila Medellín|
|• Barranquilla||Sophia Ortiz|
|Bolívar||Jania Lucia Viano Polo|
|Cauca||Maira Alejandra Millan Balanta|
|Cesar||Dayana Cárdenas Mestra|
|Norte de Santander||—|
|Risaralda||Maria Jose Villegas Ramirez|
|San Andrés y Providencia||—|
|• Bucaramanga||Andrea Motta|
|Valle del Cauca||Emily Pulido|
|• Cali||Yamileth Delgado Preciado|
|Candidates With No Affiliated Department|
|Colombia En Chile||Katherin Aguilar Castillo|
|Colombia En Miami||Maria Camila Medina Arias|
|Colombia En Panama||Diana Sandoval|
|Colombia En Washington, D.C.||Sasha Perea|
2022 : National Finalists
|1||María Antonia Ruíz|
|6||Jenny López Bolaños|
|12||Manuela Loaiza Guzmán|
|13||Mathilde Lina López|
|14||Patricia Díaz Escalante|
|21||Yaved Henao Acosta|
2018 : Region Representatives
|Altiplano||María del Mar Meza|
Discover more about National finalists related topics
Representatives at Miss Grand International
- Color keys
- Declared as winner.
- Ended as a runner-up (Top 5).
- Ended as a semi-finalist (Top 10).
- Ended as a quarterfinalist (Top 20).
|Year||Representative||Original national title||Result||Ref.|
|2013||Carolina Betancourth||Appointed||Top 20||—|||
|2014||Mónica Castaño||4th Runner - Up||Top 20 – Best in Swimsuit|||
|2015||Gisella Correa||Runner-up Miss Earth Colombia 2015||Unplaced||—|||
|2018||Génesis Quintero||Miss Grand Colombia 2018||Did not compete|||
|2019||Sthefani Rodríguez||Did not compete|||
|Génesis Quintero||Miss Grand Colombia 2018||Top 20||—|||
|2020||Natalia Manrique||Top 10 Señorita Colombia 2019||Unplaced||—|||
|2021||Mariana Jaramillo||3rd runner-up Señorita Colombia 2019||Top 20||—|||
|2022||Priscilla Londoño||Miss Grand Colombia 2022||Top 10 (5th Runner Up)||—|||
- Winner gallery
Miss Grand Colombia 2014
Discover more about Representatives at Miss Grand International related topics
Source: "Miss Grand Colombia", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 19th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Grand_Colombia.
Get our FREE extension now!
Miss Colombia 2012
Miss Colombia 2015
Miss Colombia 2017
Señorita Colombia 2019
Miss Grand Spain
Miss Grand Paraguay
Miss Grand Chile
Miss Grand Venezuela
Miss Grand International 2019
Miss Grand Venezuela 2022
Miss Grand Ecuador
Miss Grand Colombia 2022
Miss Grand Costa Rica
Miss Grand Costa Rica 2022
- ^ a b c d "Miss Grand Internacional, cinco colombianas por la corona" [Miss Grand International, five Colombians for the crown]. Caracol.com.co (in Spanish). Caracol Radio. 8 February 2018. Archived from the original on 8 February 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ "Dejaron a la candidata de Miss Grand Colombia vestida, alborotada y operada". Caracol Televisión (in Spanish). 1 September 2018. Archived from the original on 3 October 2022. Retrieved 4 October 2022.
- ^ a b c d "Priscilla Londono wins Miss Grand Colombia 2022 crown". Times of India. 1 July 2022. Archived from the original on 19 July 2022. Retrieved 24 July 2022.
- ^ a b c d "Cubana gana el certamen Miss Grand International". La República (in Spanish). 7 October 2014. Archived from the original on 24 May 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- ^ a b "Génesis Quintero: Quiero mostrar la otra cara de una reina" [Genesis Quintero: I want to show the other side of a queen]. Caracol.com.co (in Spanish). Caracol Radio. 12 February 2018. Archived from the original on 13 February 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ a b c "A reina de belleza le exigieron operarse para un concurso y después no la enviaron" [The beauty queen was required to have surgery for a contest and then she was not sent]. Pulzo.com (in Spanish). Pulzo. 1 September 2018. Archived from the original on 4 September 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ "Reina llanera escribe dura carta a quienes odian sus reinados" [Llaneras queen writes a harsh letter to those who hate her reigns]. Agendahoy.co (in Spanish). Agenda Hoy. 18 July 2018. Archived from the original on 29 September 2020. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ a b "Obligan a reina colombiana a operarse para ir a un concurso y luego no la mandan". Publimetro.co (in Spanish). Metro International. 1 September 2018. Archived from the original on 3 February 2022. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ a b "Sheyla Quizena rumbo a Miss Grand International 2018". Lavozdelcinaruco.com (in Spanish). La Voz del Cinaruco. 6 September 2018. Archived from the original on 9 September 2019. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ a b "Sheyla Quizena representará a Colombia en Miss Grand International 2018". El Universal (Cartegena) (in Spanish). El Universal. 4 September 2018. Archived from the original on 3 February 2022. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ "La Red: Genesis Quintero sí irá al Miss Grand Internacional – Caracol Televisión". Caracol Televisión (in Spanish). 16 September 2019. Archived from the original on 3 February 2022. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ a b c Margret Fermin (26 October 2019). "Miss Grand International 2019 top 20". Philippineslifestyle.com. Archived from the original on 31 October 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ "Natalia Manrique busca título en Miss Gran Internacional". Laopinion.com.co (in Spanish). La Opinión. 26 February 2021. Archived from the original on 27 April 2021. Retrieved 4 February 2022.
- ^ "Video: Así fue la primera aparición de Mariana Jaramillo, la carta colombiana en Miss Grand Internacional". Infobae.com (in Spanish). Infobae. 18 November 2021. Archived from the original on 18 November 2021. Retrieved 4 February 2022.
- ^ "AJ สนับสนุนการประกวด Miss Grand International 2556". AJ Advance Technology Public Co., Ltd. (in Thai). 2013. Archived from the original on 25 January 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- ^ a b "สาวงามเปอร์โตริโก้คว้า "มิส แกรนด์ อินเตอร์เนชั่นแนล 2013"". Teenee.com (in Thai). 20 November 2013. Archived from the original on 23 November 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2021.
- ^ a b Đạt Phan (4 December 2021). "Thùy Tiên đăng quang Miss Grand International 2021". VnExpress (in Vietnamese). Archived from the original on 4 December 2021. Retrieved 4 December 2021.
- ^ "Thùy Tiên sẽ là người trao vương miện tại chung kết Miss Grand Colombia". Tiin.vn (in Vietnamese). 28 January 2022. Archived from the original on 1 February 2022. Retrieved 2 May 2022.
- ^ Donald Nguyễn (24 October 2015). "Những ứng viên sáng giá ở Miss Grand International 2015". zZingnews.vn (in Vietnamese). Archived from the original on 3 October 2022. Retrieved 4 October 2022.
- ^ Srinjan Bhowmick (25 October 2015). "Vartika Singh crowned 2nd runner-up at MGI 2015". Times of India. Archived from the original on 26 August 2022. Retrieved 27 August 2022.
- ^ "Nguyen Thi Loan in final top 20 Miss Grand International 2016". Vietnam Television. 26 October 2016. Archived from the original on 26 August 2022. Retrieved 27 August 2022.
- ^ "Santander de Quilichao, en concurso universal de belleza". Proclamadelcauca.com (in Spanish). 27 September 2014. Archived from the original on 3 October 2022. Retrieved 4 October 2022.
- ^ "Sthefani Rodríguez crowned Miss Grand Colombia 2019". Times of India. 20 August 2019. Archived from the original on 3 October 2022. Retrieved 4 October 2022.
- ^ "Natalia Manrique se retira de los reinados". La Opinión (Colombia) (in Spanish). 10 May 2021. Archived from the original on 3 October 2022. Retrieved 4 October 2022.
- ^ Fábio Luis de Paula (25 October 2022). "Isabella Menin vence Miss Grand International e quebra jejum de 51 anos". Riopreto.dlnews.com.br (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 26 October 2022. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- 2018 establishments in Colombia
- Beauty pageants in Colombia
- CS1 Portuguese-language sources (pt)
- CS1 Spanish-language sources (es)
- CS1 Thai-language sources (th)
- CS1 Vietnamese-language sources (vi)
- Colombian awards
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Miss Grand Colombia
- Pages using the EasyTimeline extension
- Recurring events established in 2018
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.