Miss Grand Chile
|Established||22 September 2017|
|Miss Grand International|
Miss Grand Chile is a national female beauty pageant in Chile that has been held annually since 2016, founded by Boris Cabrera of Latin Scouting y CBC Producciones, aiming to select country representatives to compete in its parent international contest, Miss Grand International. In 2019, the pageant license was consigned to Keno Manzur, and subsequently transferred to Cristian Chanaca and Gabriel Alfonsino in 2021, Chanaca later withdrew from the director team in 2023.
Since first participation in 2014, the only one placement of Chile representative at Miss Grand International is top 20 finalists, obtained by "Francisca Lavandero" in 2019. The reigning Miss Grand Chile is "Vanessa Echeverría" of San Pedro de Atacama, who was crowned at the national contest held at Criss Chacana Model Agency in Iquique on 25 September 2021 and later represented the country at Miss Grand International 2021, but got non-placement.
Discover more about Miss Grand Chile related topics
Chile joined Miss Grand International for the first time in the 2014 edition in Bangkok, represented by 21-year-old model Karla Bovet Quidel, then absent for two years consecutively. Later in 2017, Latin Scouting y CBC Producciones – headed by Boris Cabrera – the organizer of the Reinas de Chile, had obtained the franchise and consequently ran the inaugural edition of the Miss Grand Chile contest at the Music Palace Event Center in Talca on September 22. The contest featured nine national finalists representing Chillán, Chillán Viejo, Concepción, La Florida, Pucón, Puerto Montt, Quillota, Talca, and Valdivia, of whom Nicole Ebner from La Florida was named Miss Grand Chile 2017 and later participated at Miss Grand International 2017 in Vietnam but got a non-placement. In addition to crowning such the winner, the Miss Supranational Chile 2017 title was also awarded to Konstanza Schmidt of Quillota. However, since the contest was not held in the following year, the licensee assigned María Flores, one of the 2017 finalists from Concepción, to participate at the international event in Myanmar instead.
The pageant was not held in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic caused the organizer to appoint the candidate to take part in the 2020 international edition in Thailand instead. Later in 2021, Manzur relinquished the franchise to Cristian Chanaca and Gabriel Alfonsino, who have been organizing the contest annually in Iquique since then.
Location and date
|Year||Edition||Date||Final venue||Candidates||Regional pageants||Ref.|
|2017||1st||22 September||Centro de Eventos Music Palace, Talca||9|||
|2019||2nd||24 May||Teatro Parque Cousiño, Santiago||32|||
|2021||3rd||25 September||Criss Chacana Model Agency, Iquique||8|||
Discover more about Background related topics
|Year||Miss Grand Chile||Runners-up||Ref.|
|1st runner-up||2nd runner-up||3rd runner-up||4th runner-up|
|2014||Araucanía – Karla Bovet Quidel||No runners-up, the titleholder was appointed.|||
|2017[α]||Santiago Metro – Nicole Ebner||Los Lagos – Muriel Berner||Ñuble – Sol Vargas Sepulveda||Valparaíso – Konstanza Schmidt||—|||
|2018||Biobío – María Catalina Flores Vargas||No runners-up, the titleholder was appointed.|||
|2019||Biobío – Francisca Lavandero Ceballos||Valparaíso – Ignacia Albornoz||Antofagasta – Vania Pamela Pool Opazo||Tarapacá – Aylin Jaldin Fernández||Santiago Metro – Antonia Haeger|||
|2020||Valparaíso – Paula Valentina Benavente||No runners-up, the titleholder was appointed.|||
|2021||Antofagasta – Vanessa Echeverría Maizares||Tarapacá – Adriana Machado||Antofagasta – Katia Andrea||O'Higgins – Josefa Ramos Bastias||—|||
|2022||Santiago Metro – Karina Pérez Gres||Valparaíso – Krishna Sandoval||Magallanes – Tamara Reusch||—||—|||
Discover more about Titleholders related topics
The following list is the national finalists of the Miss Grand Chile pageant, as well as the competition results.
- Color keys
- W Declared as the winner
- Ended as a runner-up (Top 3/4/5)
- Ended as a semifinalist (Top 6/10)
- – Did not participate
1st - 5th edition: assumed city representatives
|Antofagasta||—||Vania Pamela||Alisson Dubo||—||Naribe Diaz|
|—||Valentina Rigotti||Katia Andrea||—|
|—||Javiera Gonzales||Vanessa Francisca (W)||—|
|Araucanía||—||Alannis La Rosa||—||—|
|Arica and Parinacota||—||—||—||—|
|Biobío||—||Diana Pavez Obreque||—||—|
|Catalina Vargas||Ignacia Escobar||—||—|
|—||Francisca Lavandero (W)||—||—|
|—||Constanza Sapunar||—||Damary Campusano|
|Los Lagos||—||Carla Mancilla||—||—|
|Muriel Berner||Francisca Agurto||—||—||Ale Toutin|
|Tamara Di Genova||—||—||—|
|Camila Santander||—||—||Javi Solange Delgado|
|Sol Vargas Sepulveda||—||—||—|
|O'Higgins||—||Valentina Palacios||Josefa Ramos Bastias||—|
|—||Camila Vives||—||—||Angie Marin|
|Santiago Metro||—||Veronica Mora||—||—|
|—||Agustina Montenegro||—||Karina Pérez Gres (W)||Paula Antonia Henriquez|
|Nicole Ebner (W)||Janis Zamorano||—||—|
|—||Daniela Ahumada||—||Paola Guerra||Macarena Flores|
|—||Mariana Gallardo||—||Sofia Muñoz Feifel||Camila Joscelyn Cosmelli|
|—||Paula Asecas||—||Javi Plaza Milles|
|Tarapacá||—||Romina Vega||Ruth Rojas||—|
|—||Constanza Hurtado||Mackarena Ignacia||—|
|—||Aylin Jaldin Fernández||Adriana Machado||Valeria Fernanda|
|Konstanza Schmidt||Carolina Cruz||—||—|
|—||Ignacia Albornoz||Sara Hockino||Krishna Sandoval||Michaella Celeste Navarro|
Discover more about National finalists related topics
Source: "Miss Grand Chile", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 8th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Grand_Chile.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Daniela Bueno (24 September 2017). "Jóvenes de Quillota y de Santiago fueron las elegidas para representar al país en concursos de belleza" (in Spanish). Diario el Centro. Archived from the original on 23 March 2019. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- ^ a b c d e "Vanessa Echeverría Maizares: la representante atacameña queue busca la corona del Miss Grand Internacional". Calama en Línea (in Spanish). 22 October 2021. Archived from the original on 22 October 2021. Retrieved 7 May 2022.
- ^ a b Margret Fermin (26 October 2019). "Miss Grand International 2019 top 20". Philippineslifestyle.com. Archived from the original on 31 October 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b Đạt Phan (4 December 2021). "Thùy Tiên đăng quang Miss Grand International 2021". VnExpress (in Vietnamese). Archived from the original on 4 December 2021. Retrieved 4 December 2021.
- ^ a b Alejandra Sarasqueta (26 October 2014). "Miss Grand International 2014: Karla Bovet Quidel se prepara para representar a Chile". Guioteca (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2 July 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- ^ "Una temuquense representará a Chile en el concurso de belleza Miss Grand Internacional". SoyChile.cl (in Spanish). 29 June 2014. Archived from the original on 7 May 2022. Retrieved 8 May 2022.
- ^ a b Theo Trí Thức Trẻ (25 October 2017). "Người đẹp Peru đăng quang Miss Grand International 2017". Afamily.vn (in Vietnamese). Archived from the original on 25 October 2017. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b "Maria Catalina Flores Vargas crowned Miss Grand Chile 2018". Times of India. 30 September 2018. Archived from the original on 23 March 2018. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- ^ a b c "Francisca Lavandero crowned Miss Grand Chile 2019". Times of India. 1 June 2019. Archived from the original on 2 February 2022. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ a b Josefina Martinez (3 March 2021). "Valentina Benavente se prepara para Grand Miss internacional". Convos.cl (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2 February 2022. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ Carolina Saavedra (3 March 2021). "Miss Grand Chile viajó casi 40 horas con tacos de 16 cms". Las Últimas Noticias (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 7 May 2022. Retrieved 8 May 2022 – via Lun.com.
- ^ "Valery Cubillos representará a Ovalle en Miss Grand Chile". Diario El Ovallino (in Spanish). 19 April 2019. Archived from the original on 7 May 2022. Retrieved 8 May 2022.
- ^ "Representante de San Pedro de Atacama busca quedarse con el Miss Grand Chile". Calama en Línea (in Spanish). 2021. Archived from the original on 7 May 2022. Retrieved 8 May 2022.
- ^ a b Berkat Prima (4 June 2022). "9 Potret Karina Perez, Miss Grand Chili 2022 yang Pesonanya Memukau". Idntimes.com (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 14 November 2022. Retrieved 14 November 2022.
- ^ "Hoy Grand Final Miss Grand Chile 2022". Miss Grand Chile (in Spanish). 28 May 2022. Retrieved 14 November 2022.
- ^ Josefina Martinez (3 March 2020). "Valentina Benavente se prepara para Grand Miss internacional". Convos.cl (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2 February 2022. Retrieved 7 May 2022.
- ^ "Muchísimas Gracias a todos por Estar Atentos al Miss Grand Chile 2021". Miss Grand Chile (in Spanish). 28 September 2021. Archived from the original on 7 May 2022. Retrieved 7 May 2022.
- ^ "¿Quién es Karina Elizabeth Pérez Gres, la candidata de Chile en Miss Grand International?". Chile.as.com (in Spanish). 24 October 2022. Archived from the original on 14 November 2022. Retrieved 14 November 2022.
- ^ Jacqueline Arias (26 October 2018). "Miss Paraguay faints after being crowned Miss Grand International". The Jakarta Post. Archived from the original on 26 October 2018. Retrieved 11 March 2022.
- ^ "Meenakshi Chaudhary from India wins 1st runner-up title at Miss Grand International 2018". Times of India. 25 October 2018. Archived from the original on 11 March 2019. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ Fábio Luís de Paula (27 March 2021). "Abena Appiah, dos EUA, é primeira mulher negra a vencer Miss Grand International". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 2 April 2021. Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- ^ Earl D.C. Bracamonte (28 March 2021). "Miss USA is first Black contender to win Miss Grand International crown". The Philippine Star. Archived from the original on 2 May 2021. Retrieved 1 September 2021.
- ^ Carolina Marcos (12 April 2022). "Dos chillanejas brillan en certámenes de belleza". La Discusión (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 13 April 2022. Retrieved 8 May 2022.
- 2017 establishments in Chile
- Articles with short description
- Beauty pageants in Chile
- CS1 Indonesian-language sources (id)
- CS1 Portuguese-language sources (pt)
- CS1 Spanish-language sources (es)
- CS1 Vietnamese-language sources (vi)
- Chilean awards
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Miss Grand Chile
- Recurring events established in 2017
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.