Miss Grand Brazil
|Formation||July 25, 2014|
|Headquarters||Rio de Janeiro|
|Miss Grand International|
|Concurso Nacional de Beleza Miss Brasil (2013, 2015 – Present)|
Miss Grand Brazil is an annual female beauty pageant in Brazil, founded in 2014 by a São Paulo-based event organizer "Gerson Antonelli", to select the country's representatives to compete in its parent international contest, Miss Grand International. Since 2015, the pageant has been owned by Concurso Nacional de Beleza Miss Brasil (CNB Miss Brazil), led by Henrique Fontes.
In its first two editions, 2014 and 2019, all national entrants were selected by the organization directly. However, after the license was distributed to the regional organizer in 2020, the pageant has regularly been featuring the contestants chosen by either the central organ or the licensed organizers. Since its inception, the contest was canceled once in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Brazil holds a record of 9 placements at Miss Grand International, the highest position was the first place won by Isabella Menin in 2022, followed by the second runner-up, obtained by Lorena Rodrigues of Minas Gerais in 2021, and the fourth runner-up in 2019 and 2020, won by "Marjorie Marcelle" and Alaíse Guedes, respectively.
The current Miss Grand Brazil is Isabella Menin of Alto Cafezal, São Paulo, who was crowned on July 28, 2022, at the Theater Caesb in Brasília, Federal District.
Discover more about Miss Grand Brazil related topics
Since the establishment of Miss Grand International in 2013, Brazil has always send the representatives to participate in such. Its first representative, "Tamara de Costa Bicca" top 16 fianlists Miss Brazil World 2013, was appointed by the licensee Concurso Nacional de Beleza Miss Brasil to join the international contest in Thailand where she was placed among the top 10 finalist. In the following year, the inaugural contest of the Miss Grand Brazil was held after a São Paulo-based event organizer "Gerson Antonelli" had purchased the license. The contest was held as the sub-event of the annual festival Festival Nacional do Folclore at the Anfiteatro da Casa de Cultura of Olímpia city in São Paulo on 25 July, featuring 13 contestants, in which Yameme Ibrahim of Paraná won the main title. Ibrahim then participated at Miss Grand International 2014 in Thailand on 25 October and was placed among the top 20 finalists. However, the license had been brought back to the hand of the CNB Miss Brazil in the following year then the country representatives at Miss Grand International were appointed to the position instead of organizing the Miss Grand national for four years consecutively; the elected queens includes Paula Gomes (2015), Renata Sena (2016), Caroline Venturini (2017), and Gabrielle Vilela (2018). Besides Miss Grand Brazil, CNB Miss Brazil also holds the country licenses for Miss World, Mister World as well as Miss and Mister Supranational.
The pageant was planned to be resurrected in 2017 at Hotel do Bosque Eco Resort in Angra dos Reis (RJ) on 5 May but the program, unfortunately, was rescheduled to 2019 for undisclosed reasons. Two years later, the suspended program was finally held on 28 February at Dall'Onder Grande Hotel in Bento Gonçalves of Rio Grande do Sul state, with 22 candidates representing each federative unit of Brazil participating, and the event has been held annually since then.
After its first postponement in 2017, the pageant, originally planned to be held on 12 October, has been canceled once again in 2021, resulting from the widespread COVID-19 infection in Brazil, which exceeds more than twenty thousand new positive cases per day in the second half of the year. Therefore, the director decided to assign the second runner-up of the 2019 contest – Lorena Rodrigues – to participate in the international edition, in which she finished as the second runner-up.
|Year||Edition||Date||Venue||Host state||Entrants||State pageant||Ref.|
|2014||1st||25 July||Anfiteatro da Casa de Cultura, Olímpia||São Paulo||14|||
|2019||2nd||28 February||Dall'Onder Grande Hotel, Bento Gonçalves||Rio Grande do Sul||22|||
|2022||4th||28 July||Theater Caesb, Federal District||Brasília||31|||
Discover more about Background related topics
Selection of contestants
The Miss Grand Brazil pageant has been licensing the participant rights to the local agency since 2019. The regional licensees then select their representatives through either the local contest, internal casting, or by a hand-picking. In the 2022 edition, at least 13 federative units of Brazil (i.e., Goiás, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais) held the state pageant or casting event to determine the finalists for Miss Grand Brazil 2022. Moreover, the national organizer also receives the application directly to choose the supplementary national finalists.
|Year||Miss Grand Brazil||Runners-up||Ref.|
|1st runner-up||2nd runner-up||3rd runner-up||4th runner-up|
|2013||Rio Grande do Sul – Tamara de Costa Bicca||No runners-up, the titleholder was appointed to the position.|||
|2014||Paraná – Yameme Ibrahim||Rio de Janeiro – Camila Coutinho||São Paulo – Naiara Thomé||Minas Gerais – Cynthia Gomes||—|||
|2015||Mato Grosso do Sul – Paula Gomes||No runners-up, the titleholder was appointed to the position.|||
|2016||Mato Grosso do Sul – Renata Sena[α]||No runners-up, the titleholder was determined through the Miss Brazil World 2016 pageant.|||
|2017||Rio Grande do Sul – Caroline Venturini[β]||No runners-up, the titleholders were appointed to the position.|||
|2018||Rio de Janeiro – Gabrielle Vilela[γ]|||
|2019||São Paulo – Marjorie Marcelle||Maranhão – Amanda Brenner[ε]||Minas Gerais – Lorena Rodrigues[ζ]||Rio de Janeiro – Isabelle Pandini||Espírito Santo – Amanda Cardoso|||
|2020||Paraíba – Lala Guedes||Espírito Santo – Mylena Duarte||Sergipe – Caroline Andrade||Paraná – Clarissa Thomsen||Alagoas – Ruthy Rafaella|||
|2021||Minas Gerais – Lorena Rodrigues[δ]||No runners-up, the 2019 second runner-up was appointed to join the international contest.|||
|2022||São Paulo – Isabella Menin||Paraná – Ana Gabriela Borges||Rio Grande do Sul – Vitória Brodt||Norte Mato-Grossense – Bárbara Reis||Mato Grosso – Maythe Varzoni|||
Discover more about Titleholders related topics
The following list is the national finalists of the Miss Grand Brazil pageant, as well as the competition results.
- Color keys
- W Declared as the winner
- Ended as a runner-up (Top 5)
- Ended as a semifinalist (Top 8,9)
- Ended as a semifinalist (Top 12)
- Ended as a semifinalist (Top 15,16)
- – Did not participate
- Withdraw during the competition
|Acre||—||—||Fabyanna Albuquerque||—||Sarah Cristinny|
|Alagoas||—||Gabriela Ribeiro||Ruthy Rafaella||—||—|
|Alto Cafezal||—||—||—||Isabella Menin||—|
|Amazonas||—||Fabielle Pereira||Luisa Eliza Fonteles||—||—|
|Bahia||Gabriella Losacco||Luiza Braz||Juliana Santana||Tainara Santos||—|
|Cânions Paulistas||—||—||—||Stephanie Pavani||—|
|Cataratas do Iguaçu||—||—||—||—||Bárbara David Vazquez|
|Ceará||—||Yasmin Martins||—||Isadora Katlen||Victoria Melo|
|Circuito das Frutas||—||—||—||Nina Spasiani||Carina Manzi|
|District Federal||Ariane Franco||Laís Barros||Maria Eduarda Estrela||Rosa Carvalho||—|
|Espírito Santo||Ingrid Franco||Amanda Cardoso||Mylena Duarte||Gabriela Souza||—|
|Goiás||Fernanda Lemes||Claudianne Vacarezza||Mariana David Pinheiro||Taynnara Gimenez||Kelry Fernandes|
|Ilhabela||—||—||—||Bruna Bonomo||Bruna Sartori|
|Ilha Comprida||—||—||—||Nicole Hadassa||—|
|Maranhão||—||Amanda Brenner||Luciana Silva||Thaís Fischer||—|
|Mato Grosso||Fabiola Abad||Thaisa Cristina Boeno||Jéssica Dutkewicz||Maythe Varzoni||Hélen Gonçalves Larocca|
|Mato Grosso do Sul||Núbia Gouvêa||Luciana Novais||Amanda Andrade||Bia Martins||—|
|Minas Gerais||Cynthia Gomes||Lorena Rodrigues||Luísa Rocha||Malu Camargos||Júlia Castro|
|Norte Mato-Grossense||—||—||—||Bárbara Reis||—|
|Pará||Dréssica Alves||Thalita Maués||Vivian Henriques||Shanti Devi||—|
|Paraíba||—||Jéssica Costa||Alaise Guedes||Chaene Guedes||Elen Guedes|
|Paraná||Yameme Ibrahim||Poliana Rosa||Clarissa Thomsen||Gabriela Borges||Ana Finkler|
|Pernambuco||—||Eslovênia Marques||Emily Chizoba||Julia Ohanna||Cinthya Moura|
|Piauí||—||—||—||Ana Paula Souza||Maria Veloso|
|Plano Piloto||—||—||—||Mohaly França||—|
|Rio de Janeiro||Camila Coutinho||Isabelle Pandini||Jessica Nunes||Keila Campbel||—|
|Rio Grande do Norte||—||—||Yanna Gomes||Cristianne Medeiros||Suan Magnone|
|Rio Grande do Sul||Séphora Costa||Vanessa Salva||Natália Benchimol Maggi||Vitória Brodt||—|
|Rondônia||—||Gisele Cristina||Allyne Macêdo||Vitória Ribeiro||—|
|Santa Catarina||Camila Bornhäusen||Thylara Brenner||Larissa Sevegnani||Sthefany Aragão||Fernanda Lupato|
|São Paulo||Naiara Thomé||Marjorie Marcelle||Isadora Meira||Larissa Galvão||Caroline Valentino|
|Sul Mineiro||—||—||—||Sara Santos||—|
|Sergipe||—||Gabriela Santana||Caroline Andrade||—||—|
|Tocantins||Beatriz Libonatti||Monique Freitas||Raiany Alves||Khalynne Silva||—|
|Vale do Aço||—||—||—||Víviane Lópes||—|
|Zona da Mata Mineira||—||—||—||Maria Azevedo||Adriana Yanca|
Discover more about National finalists related topics
Source: "Miss Grand Brazil", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 23rd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Grand_Brazil.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b c d e f "Iguaçuense vai representar o Brasil no Miss Grand International!". Portal Iguaçu (in Portuguese). 28 July 2014. Archived from the original on 29 October 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- ^ a b c d e f g "Iguaçuense vence o Miss Grand Brasil 2014 e garante vaga para final na Tailândia". Portaldacidade.com (in Portuguese). 26 July 2014. Archived from the original on 1 February 2022. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ "Miss Grand Brasil 2019". Secretary of Tourism of Bento Gonçalves (in Portuguese). 25 February 2019. Archived from the original on 6 June 2022. Retrieved 7 June 2022.
- ^ "Pelo segundo ano, Bento Gonçalves sedia final do Miss Grand Brasil 2020". Secretary of Tourism of Bento Gonçalves (in Portuguese). 28 January 2020. Archived from the original on 6 June 2022. Retrieved 7 June 2022.
- ^ a b c d e f g h Guido Calderon (26 February 2019). "Miss Grand Brasil 2019: Tudo o que você precisa saber sobre o concurso que tem inicio no dia 24". Trafficamerican.com (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 1 February 2022. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b c d "Bento Gonçalves será sede do Miss Grand Brasil 2019". NB Notícias (in Portuguese). 15 December 2018. Archived from the original on 5 June 2022. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ a b c d Nelson Ramos Junior (2 September 2018). "Miss Grand Brasil 2019 será eleita em concurso próprio". Belezas Paulistas (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 21 October 2020. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b "Miss Grand Minas Gerais 2022" (PDF). Miss Minas Gerais CNB (in Portuguese). 12 October 2021. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 February 2022. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b "Modelo de Atibaia é a Miss Grand São Paulo 2022". Portaldacidade.com (in Portuguese). 18 October 2021. Archived from the original on 1 February 2022. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b c "O Miss Grand Brasil 2021 acontecerá em Paulista (PE), no mês de Outubro". Portal de Noticias CNB (in Portuguese). 24 April 2021. Archived from the original on 1 February 2022. Retrieved 1 February 2022.
- ^ Fábio Luís de Paula (26 October 2022). "De Marília, modelo vence Miss Grand International para o Brasil pela 1ª vez". Sampi.net.br (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 16 November 2022. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ^ a b c "AS Raih Miss Grand International 2020, Indonesia Runner-up 3". CNN Indonesia (in Indonesian). 28 March 2021. Archived from the original on 28 March 2021. Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- ^ a b c "Miss Grand International: Maricielo Gamarra quedó entre las 20 favoritas". La República (in Spanish). 27 March 2021. Archived from the original on 30 August 2021. Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- ^ a b "La venezolana Valentina Figuera se coronó como Miss Grand International 2019". El Nacional (in Spanish). 26 October 2019. Archived from the original on 15 July 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- ^ a b c d e "Mỹ nhân tóc tém sở hữu vẻ đẹp bốc lửa lên ngôi Hoa hậu Hoà bình Brazil 2021". 24h.com.vn (in Vietnamese). 27 June 2021. Archived from the original on 27 June 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b c "Miss Grand Brasil 2022: Paulista usa inédito vestido com capuz e vence concurso". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). 5 July 2022. Archived from the original on 12 August 2022. Retrieved 13 August 2022.
- ^ a b c d "Conheça detalhes sobre o Miss Grand International 2017". Concursonacionaldebeleza.com.br (in Portuguese). 21 April 2017. Archived from the original on 24 September 2017. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ Paulo Francis (2 July 2015). "Desempenho no Miss Mundo rende a sul matogrossense passaporte no Miss Grand International". Pagina Brazil. Archived from the original on 25 February 2019. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- ^ Nelson Ramos Junior (27 June 2016). "Renata Sena é a Miss Grand Brasil 2016". Belezas Paulistas (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 21 February 2022. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ "Gaúcha viaja para o Vietnã em busca do título de Miss Grand International e de 40 mil dólares". O Sul (in Portuguese). 2 October 2017. Archived from the original on 28 October 2017. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- ^ "Miss Marjorie Marcelle diz que autenticidade e brilho marcam Miss Grand Brasil; veja candidatas". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). 30 January 2020. Archived from the original on 6 June 2022. Retrieved 7 June 2022.
- ^ Manoel Silva (28 October 2016). "CNB lança concurso exclusivo para a eleição da Miss Grand Brasil. Inscrições estão abertas!". Beleza Sergipana. Archived from the original on 28 October 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b c "A Miss São Paulo vence o Miss Grand Brasil 2019 em noite memorável em Bento Gonçalves". O Sul (in Portuguese). 1 March 2019. Archived from the original on 6 March 2019. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ a b c "Lala Guedes, da Paraíba, é eleita Miss Grand Brasil 2020". Jornalsemanario.com.br (in Portuguese). 30 January 2020. Archived from the original on 1 February 2020. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ "Coronavírus Brasil". Painel Coronavírus (in Portuguese). Brazilian Ministry of Health. 2021. Archived from the original on 1 February 2022. Retrieved 1 February 2022.
- ^ Roger Campos (7 March 2022). "Modelo trespontana disputará o Miss Grand Brasil 2022". Conexaotrespontas.com.br (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 6 June 2022. Retrieved 7 June 2022.
- ^ "Caarapoense de 20 anos é a nova Miss rumo ao concurso do Miss Brasil". Portaldacidade.com (in Portuguese). 10 November 2021. Archived from the original on 2 February 2022. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- ^ "Beauty queens visit Cameroon for RATU Festival 2015". Pulse Ghana. 9 December 2015. Archived from the original on 4 February 2020. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ Christina Andhika Setyanti (4 December 2015). "Pertukaran Budaya RI-Kamerun dalam Fesyen, Film dan Musik". CNN Indonesia (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 23 February 2017. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ a b Thảo Nguyên (27 June 2016). "Vẻ đẹp nóng bỏng của tân Hoa hậu Brazil". Zingnews.vn (in Vietnamese). Archived from the original on 4 June 2022. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ Lito Dela Cruz (13 October 2017). "See the best national costumes in Miss Grand International 2017". Blasting News. Archived from the original on 14 October 2017. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ Fábio Luís de Paula (25 October 2019). "Brasileira é favorita ao Miss Grand International, que ocorre em meio à crise na Venezuela". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 26 October 2019. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- ^ "Julia Gama tem apoio de misses após proibição para coroar Miss Brasil". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). 5 November 2021. Archived from the original on 5 November 2021. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- Articles with short description
- Beauty pageants in Brazil
- CS1 Indonesian-language sources (id)
- CS1 Portuguese-language sources (pt)
- CS1 Spanish-language sources (es)
- CS1 Vietnamese-language sources (vi)
- Commons category link from Wikidata
- Miss Grand Brazil
- Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia
- Recurring events established in 2014
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.