Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
|Coordinates: 41°06′26″N 77°29′3″W / 41.10722°N 77.48417°WCoordinates: 41°06′26″N 77°29′3″W / 41.10722°N 77.48417°W|
|• Type||Borough Council|
|• Total||0.95 sq mi (2.45 km2)|
|• Land||0.92 sq mi (2.39 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.07 km2)|
|Elevation||568 ft (173 m)|
|• Density||1,605.86/sq mi (619.85/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT|
|Area code(s)||570 and 272|
Mill Hall is a borough in Clinton County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,613 at the 2010 census.
The Nathan Harvey House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
Mill Hall is located in southern Clinton County at 41°6′23″N 77°29′16″W / 41.10639°N 77.48778°W (41.105359, -77.487804), on both sides of Fishing Creek between its exit from a water gap through Bald Eagle Mountain to the south and its mouth at Bald Eagle Creek to the north.
U.S. Route 220, a four-lane freeway, follows Fishing Creek through the Bald Eagle Mountain water gap and crosses the southeastern corner of Mill Hall, with access from Exit 109. Pennsylvania Route 64 passes through the center of Mill Hall, also leading south through the water gap and ending to the north at Pennsylvania Route 150, which follows the northern boundary of the borough. Via PA 150, it is 3 miles (5 km) northeast to Lock Haven, the Clinton County seat. US 220 leads south 5 miles (8 km) to Interstate 80 Exit 178.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Mill Hall has a total area of 0.95 square miles (2.45 km2), of which 0.92 square miles (2.39 km2) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.07 km2), or 2.80%, is water.
Discover more about Geography related topics
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,568 people, 662 households, and 456 families residing in the borough. The population density was 1,554.8 people per square mile (599.4/km²). There were 710 housing units at an average density of 704.0 per square mile (271.4/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 99.17% White, 0.06% African American, 0.06% Native American, 0.26% Asian, 0.06% from other races, and 0.38% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.13% of the population.
There were 662 households, out of which 28.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.2% were married couples living together, 10.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.0% were non-families. 26.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 14.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 2.85.
In the borough the population was spread out, with 22.6% under the age of 18, 7.5% from 18 to 24, 27.2% from 25 to 44, 22.6% from 45 to 64, and 20.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 92.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 83.7 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $31,083, and the median income for a family was $36,250. Males had a median income of $27,283 versus $18,800 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $16,593. About 9.2% of families and 10.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 15.7% of those under age 18 and 5.4% of those age 65 or over.
Discover more about Demographics related topics
1850 United States census
1860 United States census
1870 United States census
1880 United States census
1890 United States census
1900 United States census
1910 United States census
1920 United States census
1930 United States census
1940 United States census
1950 United States census
1960 United States census
Source: "Mill Hall, Pennsylvania", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, October 12th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mill_Hall,_Pennsylvania.
Get our FREE extension now!
Clinton County, Pennsylvania
Howard Township, Centre County, Pennsylvania
Allison Township, Clinton County, Pennsylvania
Bald Eagle Township, Clinton County, Pennsylvania
Beech Creek, Pennsylvania
Chapman Township, Clinton County, Pennsylvania
Lamar Township, Clinton County, Pennsylvania
Pine Creek Township, Clinton County, Pennsylvania
South Renovo, Pennsylvania
Mount Holly Springs, Pennsylvania
Mill Village, Pennsylvania
- ^ "ArcGIS REST Services Directory". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 12, 2022.
- ^ a b "Census Population API". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Oct 12, 2022.
- ^ a b "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Mill Hall borough, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- ^ a b "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 11 June 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Articles using NRISref without a reference number
- Articles with J9U identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WorldCat-VIAF identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Boroughs in Clinton County, Pennsylvania
- Commons category link from Wikidata
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Pages using infobox settlement with possible area code list
- Populated places established in 1806
- Short description is different from Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.