|Colours||Black & Red|
|Affiliations||University of Phoenix, Apollo Group|
Meritus University was the Canadian brand name of a for-profit university owned and operated by the Apollo Group in the United States, the owners of the University of Phoenix. The offices of the company were located in New Brunswick, Canada. On January 24, 2011, citing how "enrollment will continue to be insufficient to sustain the required quality academic and student service infrastructure we and our students demand", Meritus University announced its closure, with their last classes having been held on March 14, 2011. Students’ academic records were transferred to the University of Phoenix.
Discover more about Meritus University related topics
Meritus University offered undergraduate degree and master's degree programs which were recognized by the New Brunswick Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour.
School of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program with specializations in Communications, Finance, Global Management, Hospitality Management, Human Resources Management, Integrated Supply Chain Management, Management, and Marketing.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program with specializations in Global Management, Health Care Management, Human Resources Management, Information and Communications Technology Management, and Marketing.
School of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology Management (BITM) degree program with specializations in Communication and Information Management, Digital Media Management, and Human Interface and Systems Management.
Source: "Meritus University", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, February 23rd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meritus_University.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Millar, Erin (2008-05-14). "Apollo Group launches new university in New Brunswick". Maclean's On Campus. Archived from the original on 2010-11-15. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- ^ "Meritus University Closure". Fredericton, New Brunswick: Meritus University. 24 January 2011. Archived from the original on 29 January 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- ^ "N.B. unfazed by closure of Meritus University". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 26 January 2011. Archived from the original on 29 January 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- ^ Notice to Students Archived August 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Universities". Government of New Brunswick. 2010. Archived from the original on 20 May 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- 2008 establishments in Canada
- All articles needing coordinates
- Articles missing coordinates without coordinates on Wikidata
- Articles using infobox university
- Educational institutions established in 2008
- New Brunswick articles missing geocoordinate data
- Pages using infobox university with the affiliations parameter
- Pages using infobox university with the image name parameter
- Universities in Canada
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.