|Born||August 29, 1971|
New Rochelle, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Wesleyan University|
Mark Bomback (born August 29, 1971) is an American screenwriter, originally from New Rochelle, New York. Bomback is a graduate of Wesleyan University, where he studied English Literature and Film Studies.
Discover more about Mark Bomback related topics
In 1994, Bomback began working as an assistant for Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey, holding the job for a year. His first credited screenplay was The Night Caller (1998). He has since gone on to co-write the scripts to numerous blockbuster films, including Live Free or Die Hard (2007), The Wolverine (2013) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014), and War for the Planet of the Apes (2017), as well as doing uncredited rewrites on several high-profile films, such as Fifty Shades of Grey (2015), Logan and The Mummy (both 2017).
Bomback lives in Chappaqua, New York with his wife and four children. He is neighbors with former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Discover more about Biography related topics
|1998||The Night Caller||Robert Malenfant|
|2004||Godsend||Nick Hamm||Also co-producer|
|2007||Live Free or Die Hard||Len Wiseman|
|2009||Race to Witch Mountain||Andy Fickman|
|2012||Total Recall||Len Wiseman|
|2013||The Wolverine||James Mangold|
|2014||Dawn of the Planet of the Apes||Matt Reeves||Also executive producer|
|2015||The Divergent Series: Insurgent||Robert Schwentke|
|2017||War for the Planet of the Apes||Matt Reeves||Also executive producer|
|2018||Outlaw King||David Mackenzie||Additional writing|
|2019||The Art of Racing in the Rain||Simon Curtis|
|2023||White Bird: A Wonder Story||Marc Forster|
|2011||Rise of the Planet of the Apes||Rupert Wyatt|
|2015||Fifty Shades of Grey||Sam Taylor-Johnson|
|The Mummy||Alex Kurtzman|
Discover more about Filmography related topics
Source: "Mark Bomback", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 23rd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Bomback.
Get our FREE extension now!
Herman J. Mankiewicz
John Chambers (make-up artist)
John L. Balderston
Planet of the Apes (1968 film)
Planet of the Apes (2001 film)
Planet of the Apes
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
War for the Planet of the Apes
- ^ Mark Bomback Archived 2006-10-18 at the Wayback Machine Screenwriter's Utopia
- ^ "Mark Bomback". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-01-13.
- ^ a b c d e f Siegel, Tatiana (August 3, 2017). "How Planet of the Apes Writer Mark Bomback Got His Improbable Hollywood Start". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 9, 2018.
- ^ Debruge, Peter (September 6, 2018). "Film Review: Chris Pine in 'Outlaw King'". Variety. Retrieved October 28, 2020.
- Mark Bomback at IMDb
- Mark Bomback entry at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Night Caller at Movies.com
- Interview with Mark Bomback at Scripts & Scribes
- 1971 births
- All stub articles
- American male screenwriters
- American screenwriter stubs
- Articles with BNE identifiers
- Articles with BNF identifiers
- Articles with GND identifiers
- Articles with ISNI identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with NDL identifiers
- Articles with NKC identifiers
- Articles with NTA identifiers
- Articles with PLWABN identifiers
- Articles with SUDOC identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Film producers from New York (state)
- Living people
- Screenwriters from New York (state)
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Webarchive template wayback links
- Wesleyan University alumni
- Writers from New Rochelle, New York
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.