21 September 1973|
|Other occupation||Sports scientist|
Manuel Gräfe (born 21 September 1973) is a former German football referee. He refereed for Hertha 03 Zehlendorf of the Berlin Football Association. He was a FIFA referee between 2007 and 2018.
Discover more about Manuel Gräfe related topics
Gräfe officiated in the 2. Bundesliga from 2001 to 2004 and in the Bundesliga from 2004 until his retirement in 2021. He received his FIFA license in 2007.
He refereed his final match on 22 May 2021, which was between Borussia Dortmund and Bayer 04 Leverkusen.
Discover more about Refereeing career related topics
Age discrimination claim
The refereeing age limit of 47 is set by the Bundesliga. In July 2021 Gräfe stated he was taking legal action against the German football federation (DFB) over alleged age discrimination, and separately petitions were launched. Fellow former-FIFA referee Markus Merk however stated 'It is a problem in our society that the old cannot let go and that the chances of advancement are more difficult for the descendants. We need change and permeability.' Gräfe indicated he was not seeking to return to refereeing even if the case was successful.
Gräfe, a professional sports scientist, lives in Berlin.
Source: "Manuel Gräfe", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, October 28th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Gräfe.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Rooney blasts ref after missed penalty". Daily Mirror. 13 October 2010.
- ^ "Schiedsrichterstatisik von Manuel Gräfe" [Referee statistics of Manuel Gräfe] (in German). kicker. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- ^ a b "Long-serving German referee sues DFB over "age discrimination"". Supreme Magazine. 1 July 2021. Retrieved 6 March 2022.
- ^ "Lawsuit against DFB: ex-referee colleagues criticize Manuel Gräfe". Archysport. 9 July 2021. Retrieved 6 March 2022.
- 1973 births
- 21st-century German people
- All stub articles
- Articles with German-language sources (de)
- Articles with short description
- CS1 German-language sources (de)
- German football biography stubs
- German football referees
- Living people
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Sportspeople from Berlin
- UEFA Europa League referees
- Use dmy dates from May 2016
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.